Home

NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks

As promised, EA has been posting blogs all week detailing some of the changes to NCAA Football 12. Today's blogs include one on the Online Dynasty web improvements, while the other is about the the addition of custom playbooks to the game.

I found that the web improvements blog was more interesting because of all the functionality that has been added for Online Dynasty users. I know a couple OS'ers who are addicted to this mode, and I really just want to see how much more obsessed they become with these new additions now being included. I'm thinking I'll see at least one set of OS'ers finish a season of Online Dynasty in a single day.

In addition, EA's Ben Haumiller clarified some things that relate to the paid content you can buy for Online Dynasty:

Quote:
First is that you do not have to pay to access the Online Dynasty website. The site itself, and everything you could do last year continues to be free to use. Recruiting online, writing your Dynasty Wire stories, email alerts, stats/standings, etc. are all there for you to use simply by being a member of an Online Dynasty. Also, while access to Advance Week and Super Sim from the web do each come at a price of $2.99 it’s important to note that this is a onetime fee for the life NCAA Football 12. If you purchase access to Super Sim and participate in 20 different Online Dynasties over the course of your time playing NCAA Football 12, you will be able to Super Sim games in every one of those Dynasties. There is also a free 7 day trial for you to check out the Super Sim app for yourself and see what it’s all about before making the decision on purchasing access for the life of the game.

If you are the commish of a bunch of different Dynasties you will be able to advance the week in every one of them. Also, you are not required to purchase a commissioner bundle to be the commissioner of an Online Dynasty. You can still be the commissioner of one Online Dynasty without purchasing any PDLC.

EA's Jordan "Mr. Peterson" Peterson, talks about creating, shaping and organizing a custom playbook. The whole process looks really clean and easy. One thing of note is that you will be able to use your custom playbook in every game mode, both online and off.

It's also worth mentioning, once again, how big or small the playbooks can be:

Quote:
You may also note that for each Custom Playbook there will be a maximum of 377 plays and 40 formations that can be selected. However, for those of you that prefer a more minimalistic view, you can reduce your playbook down to only 50 plays. Before we get into editing the Custom Playbook, let's take a quick look at the base playbook.

So what do you guys think?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks

Has there been any confirmation if we can supersim or advance the week using a smart phone or an iPhone? If this is true, I will never work...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Dude, repost....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rovements.html
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I know, just a bit off on the timing. We'll probably just close the other threads and consolidate here, sorry about that.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

"The Advance Week option does exactly what it says, it advances you to the next week in your Dynasty. While that might seem trivial at first, this was actually a tremendous technical undertaking."

Yup, sure it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

There are two more very important things we need in this year's web based offerings...

1.) Export complete stats : Last year we could export several things into CSV files, but not everything we saw in the console. I want to be able to export the stats for every single individual game.

2.) Simulate/Disallow any game : As commissioner I need an easy way to simulate someone ELSE's game individually, and then disallow it and resimulate it if I want. As it is now you'd have to switch control to that person's team, exit/reenter the dynasty, simulate the game, then if you want to disallow it and re simulate it you'd have to go back to your OWN team (because you can't disallow results of your own games for some reason), disallow the result, then start the process all over. The simple ability to simulate/disallow ANY game in your dynasty would be huge for me.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
Yup, sure it was.
You know that it wasn't?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #8
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Anyone else loving the Far Pro Set?

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »