Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Custom Conferences Blog up

"Here you will be able to set where that game is played. You can select any stadium in the game, any bowl game, any school's home stadium, even the high school stadium and practice fields."

Perfect for a conference full of the worst scrubs in the game. haha
Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
On a related note, I wonder if you take away all of the BCS tie-ins, how will they pick the teams?

Will it be 1vs 2, 3vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7vs 8?
If you take away all BCS bowl tie-ins will that help fix the issue you are concerned with Dorian? Because that way all the teams with the best records in the BCS standings would be in the BCS games regardless of what conference they are in.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
I still dont get the protected rivals. can you have a protected rival outside of a conference? for instance clemson and auburn, or syracuse and boston college
The protected rivalry thing comes from rival programs within the same conference who may get paired up in separate divisions, hence, wouldn't normally be guaranteed to play one another every season. But with protected rivals, those two teams will be guaranteed to play their conference match-up every season, despite being in separate divisions.

Outside of your conference, it's just a matter of non-conference scheduling, something that can be changed, whereas your conference schedule is locked in and you can't force a rival matchup with someone in the other division without the protected rivalry thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If you take away all BCS bowl tie-ins will that help fix the issue you are concerned with Dorian? Because that way all the teams with the best records in the BCS standings would be in the BCS games regardless of what conference they are in.
Nah, it wouldn't. The issue wouldn't be that the conference winners wouldn't get in good bowls, it would be that the runner ups and 3rd, 4th place teams, etc would play in crappy bowls (i.e. I could put 16 six star teams in the Sun Belt and a 11-1 or 10-2 team in the conference would play in the Toilet Bowl instead of a New Years Day bowl like the Capital One or Cotton).

But I'm not even worried about it anymore. I've already brainstormed enough ways around the issue. I just hope everyone else understands that their post-season could be bad if they don't plan ahead for the way they do their conferences.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm pretty confident it only goes for conference opponents. That's how it has always read at least. But now that I think of it...it would suck if somehow the game didn't schedule FSU and UF annually, after a series of conference changes.
He addressed that: "Non-conference games are the last games to get filled when the schedules are created. If Auburn goes the Independent route but Alabama stays in the SEC, the game will still try and schedule the Iron Bowl for the last week of the season. If it can't get scheduled that week it will try to find another week to schedule the game."
Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

Changing the location B1G Title Game to the the team with the best record sounds pretty cool. Probably going to try that.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
I still dont get the protected rivals. can you have a protected rival outside of a conference? for instance clemson and auburn, or syracuse and boston college
The way I understand it, No. Protected Rivals have to be in the same conference. It is just a way to make sure that two teams play each other every year, even if the conference is so big that you can't lay all of the teams every year. It is what the SEC does now. They play all of their division oppenets, then each team has one "Protected Rivalry" from the other division that they play every year, and then they rotate throught the rest of the teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
The protected rivalry thing comes from rival programs within the same conference who may get paired up in separate divisions, hence, wouldn't normally be guaranteed to play one another every season. But with protected rivals, those two teams will be guaranteed to play their conference match-up every season, despite being in separate divisions.

Outside of your conference, it's just a matter of non-conference scheduling, something that can be changed, whereas your conference schedule is locked in and you can't force a rival matchup with someone in the other division without the protected rivalry thing.
Only possible concern is that the CPU might not schedule a conference rival that it should schedule. If I move UCLA out of the Pac 10, will the CPU still always schedule USC? As long as they have that, then I have to give them a A+ effort for the logic of the scheduling. They really did a good job on paper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »