Home

NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #25
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
No I'm pretty sure what will happen is it will be the same as in the other versions where the game will just be played at the home teams arena. So for NYR vs. PHI it will just be played a Wells Fargo Center like a normal game. The only thing that would change that is if EA made a DLC content available of a version of Citizens Bank for the Winter Classic. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this will not be implemented into BAGM. That is why this feature isn't as exciting as it could be. This feature will be cool after about one time and then it will feel like just another game unless there are more stadiums. I'm pretty sure they never said anything about adding Buffalo, Wrigley, and Fenway into the game either.
In the first preview video, Rammer said that you could play the Winter Classic "with your favorite teams", which makes me hold out hope that NYR vs. PHI would be played outdoors in Season/BAGM. It would be really cool if they made Citizens Bank available for DLC, but I'd settle for a generic outdoor stadium or even Heinz Field.

If the Winter Classic isn't playable in BAGM/Season, this is a useless feature for me. It's a cool showcase for the demo, and that's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

John Forslund + Whoever, should do the commentary. I like Gary and Bill... A lot actually, but if they could switch every other year or something along the lines of that, it would be great.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Rookie

Kaladesskel's Arena

OVR: 3

I think instead of Who's saying it, they should be focusing on What they are saying. I'm tired of hearing the same things over and over and over. It's like they only programmed 5 lines of dialog for each commentator.

Example

"....to Kunitz, HE's OUT ON A BREAKWAY--" *ping*
"the post right now is his best friend"

--Crosby gets puck --
*...to Crosby, HE'S OUT ON A BREAKAWAY--" *ping*
"the post right now is his best friend"

*Crosby scores*
...I just had to throw that in.... but i digress
Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
Rookie

LiberNull's Arena

OVR: 1
Thorne and Clemete eh ? Another NHL game where I have to turn off the commentators to avoid falling asleep while playing.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

Does this mean we finally get to PLAY any team's game in our GM Franchise Mode now?....including the Winter Classic games and all the Post Season Playoff games if we want?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

It be cool to be able to play at the outdoor stadium whenever you want in BAGM. Although it's probably unlikey
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 17

LOL...while being able to play any game in the outdoor winter classic stadiums would be cool.....

I am justing hoping that this year's game finally would just allow us the freedom to PLAY any team's game in our franchise if we want to. Not just the team your GM'ing. This way you can play random key games around the league or jump in and play out the Stanley Cup Playoff matchups if you like.

Sorta like Madden, The Show and the 2K games allow you to do.

I think it would be cool for the sandbox style of Franchise play that some of us like.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »