Home

Madden NFL 12 Cover Art Revealed With Hall of Fame Edition Details with Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Cover Art Revealed With Hall of Fame Edition Details with Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 12 Cover Art Revealed With Hall of Fame Edition Details with Video

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA SPORTS revealed today the official pack art for Madden NFL 12, featuring Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis on the cover. Hillis was chosen by fans as the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete through a five week voting campaign anchored by ESPN SportsNation. The Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote was the most successful fan engagement campaign in EA and ESPN history with more than 12 million votes in total.

For the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS invited fans and media to take part in the live cover shoot of Madden NFL 12. A staged set was built on Military Island in the heart of Times Square, on Thursday, April 28th, hosting both football fans and media alike.

EA SPORTS also announced today the limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition, featuring former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk on the cover. Available on August 30th for the retail price of $89.99, a limited run of 125,000 copies of the Hall of Fame Edition will be available exclusively in the United States* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®. Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year. The limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition will include:

· Premium bronze, foil embossed cover featuring Marshall Faulk

· Full version of Madden NFL 12 video game

· Autographed Panini Card – Madden NFL and Panini, the world leader in published collectables, have teamed up to create the ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, each hand-signed by Faulk. One solid, 18k gold autographed card will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360® and one PlayStation®3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

· Exclusive Madden Ultimate Team Platinum Pack –The perfect combination of Madden NFL, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. The Hall of Fame Edition provides a Madden Ultimate Team experience like never before with the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes, including: Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Eddie George, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Vince Young, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL and are fully renewable with contract extensions, which is sure to make them some of the most sought after cards in Ultimate Team history.

*The Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition is only for sale in the United States.

Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 12 Cover Art Revealed + Hall of Fame Edition Details

OMFG The HOF cover is soooo nice. Do want.

Edit: Wait... $90 bucks? Nevermind.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Both look awesome!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not in love with the look of either one -- really not feeling the Hillis art. I like the Cleveland waterfront in the background, but I would have chosen a different foreground pic of Hillis.

I think the Faulk cover looks better but the bronze pic with the gray and black trimmings ain't workin' for me. I'd look a lot better if the entire case was engraved bronze.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Im diggin the Hillis cover..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

I think I'll get the HOF edition.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd probably get it if it contained a points card or a voucher for some of the inevitable DLC, otherwise HOF edition doesn't offer anything I'd want other than the spiffy cover.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd probably get it if it contained a points card or a voucher for some of the inevitable DLC, otherwise HOF edition doesn't offer anything I'd want other than the spiffy cover.
Exactly -- I'll pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »