Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Fighters

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Fighters within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Fighters

The first UFC Undisputed 3 blog, is available, right here.

UFC® UNDISPUTED™ 3 RETURNS TO VIRTUAL OCTAGON™ ACTION IN JANUARY 2012 WITH INTENSE TOE-TO-TOE COMBAT AND INCREASED ACCESSIBILITY

Critically Acclaimed and Best-Selling Mixed Martial Arts Videogame Franchise Set to Bring Players Closer to the Action with PRIDE® Mode, New Weight Classes and Extensive Roster

THQ Inc. and Zuffa, LLC today announced the first gameplay details surrounding UFC® Undisputed™ 3, the new installment in the critically acclaimed and best-selling mixed martial arts (MMA) videogame franchise based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship®. Poised to take players inside the virtual Octagon® with extensive focus on intense toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation and significantly increased accessibility, including the introduction of PRIDE® Mode, two new weight classes and an impressive playable roster of more than 150 UFC fighters, UFC Undisputed 3 is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, with a scheduled release timing of January 2012.

“UFC Undisputed 3 is on track to deliver an incredible virtual MMA experience unlike any other,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “This product is intense, engaging and highly competitive while still being extremely accessible, making it a must-have for millions of UFC fans, traditional fighting game enthusiasts and more casual sports fans around the world.”

“We are excited to launch UFC Undisputed 3 in January 2012 and expect it to be the best version yet,” UFC President Dana White said. “We’ve added two new weight classes and several new features to the game that will bring UFC fans closer to the Octagon than ever before.”

About UFC Undisputed 3
UFC Undisputed 3 will mark the debut of PRIDE Mode, enabling players to fight for the first time in the renowned Japanese MMA organization. The mode will include official commentators Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros, authentic environments and notorious MMA rules, including the ability to execute soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head. Finishing an opponent will be more important than ever through devastating new moves, responsive striking controls, refined visual presentation and the introduction of a brand new submission system. In addition, players will now enter the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling them, regardless of skill level, to experience the intensity of UFC and nuances of MMA combat while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.

Players will also experience the excitement of a live UFC event through significant visual improvements, including the introduction of much-anticipated fighter entrances, new camera positions, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance. They will enter into battle with an unparalleled choice of more than 150 playable UFC fighters, including talent from the newly added featherweight and bantamweight divisions. Rounding out the virtual UFC experience with a significantly revamped online experience, as well as a variety of new and returning gameplay modes, UFC Undisputed 3 lets players have their fights – their way – to deliver the most intense, competitive and engaging experience to date for the franchise.

For more information on UFC Undisputed 3, please visit http://www.ufcundisputed.com, http://www.facebook.com/UFCUndisputed and http://www.twitter.com/UFC_Undisputed.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-02-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 Blog

This is some awesome news. The Pride mode should be awesome, and the new submission system is music to my ears.

I really hope the shine mess is out. As well as the knockout in every bout nature of UFC 2010. If they can fix that I will be a happy camper.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January 2012, New Details, Including PRIDE Mode Announce

Looking forward to it!

150 fighters on the roster is absolutely brilliant, and if they can iron out the flaws from 2010 then it will be amazing
Old 06-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January 2012, New Details, Including PRIDE Mode Announce

That's one hell of a roster. I can't wait to see how this game turns out. I skipped the last one due to word of mouth, but I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

No more shine. YES. Now if they get rid of auto transition block we could have a winner.
I wonder if the crowds in PRIDE will be quiet and never boo like they did in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7
Great news. Sounds like a lot of nice additions. Enjoyed both the 2009 and 2010 UFC games.

I can't wait till Jan. 2012!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
That's one hell of a roster. I can't wait to see how this game turns out. I skipped the last one due to word of mouth, but I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.
I wonder how many Strikeforce fighters if any, will be in the game. The other features are great: New submission system, fighter entrances and the featherweight and bantamweight divisions. Cant Wait!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Figh

A new submission systems sounds awesome. Hell, anything better than "The Shine". Hopefully, it means that the sub system is totally revamped. Having to be to punish you opponents body to death to be able to submit them yet, the CPU could sub me without any body damage, got old fast. Another thing I'd like to see varying finishes. 80% of my fights shouldn't end with a KO or TKO. I'm also holding out hope that you have the ability to move all fighters (except select HWs) up or down one weight-class. Those improvements would be enough to warrant a purchase from me. Everything else will be icing on the cake.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »