Home

Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Rookie

wdctaylor's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 18 new screenshots from IGN (ps3)

To me, Mike Vick's player model looks off. From cleats to upper body attire.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

What's with these QB's as "aggressive" playing the ball in the air?

Wouldn't that be a DB trait, or even maybe an LB trait? Basically, for a defender in coverage?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Wow does Madden look great this year. The colors are much more vibrant than NCAA. I can't wait for both.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
What's with these QB's as "aggressive" playing the ball in the air?

Wouldn't that be a DB trait, or even maybe an LB trait? Basically, for a defender in coverage?
Because players in Madden can be changed to play any position. This is another great thing about Player traits, it will potentially add even more realism to position changes. There has been some discussion about being able to change Punters into Offensive lineman and them performing adequately even with low blocking skill ratings. This should not be an issue in Madden 12 because even if position skill ratings work the same as in Madden 11, these player traits should ensure that players can only succeed at positions where they have solid traits.

I love the potential these brings for not only deterring unskilled position changes and signings but for the added depth of signing and drafting players to play better suited positions. For example, a 50OVR rookie QB with good hands, speed, route running and good receiving traits, would have a better chance of being a decent receiver with the addition of Player traits than last year.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

To me the Eagle's Green is STILL OFF!

I don't know much about graphics and coloring and all of that, but by eye it just looks like the green has too much color in it or they need to make it more gray? Maybe?

There's too much blue in it and the color needs to be taken down a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

This game got a seriously much needed graphical update. It looks amazing. Though going by the Marshall Faulk pic in the other thread when the Rams were home, it looks like EA needs a little more work done in the dome lighting department. Still a great looking game though.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdctaylor
To me, Mike Vick's player model looks off. From cleats to upper body attire.

madden accessories are way to generic! When you look at real pics then you get to see all the missing detail to the player models from ankle brace how players wear there socks and so on. Give the players there identity! Like I talked to Mike young about this on twitter. example I ask him Wy are all the lions players wearing the same length socks? It's little but it does not look real cus in real life they don't wear the same length socks some players wear low or some wear the stocking with double socks with low white at the bottom like Calvin Johnson, Brandon marshall and matty ice and so on. He said it was a vilation that's Wy in the game the lions have on all the same socks so I sent him pics of so many players on the lions not wearing the medium socks then he said he will look deeper so he can try to put in madden 12. Only way i think they can fix player models is scan players in there pads and uniforms or get people from gt5 to do it lol idk madden player models are good but When you look at pics next to the game you see so much wrong!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
This game got a seriously much needed graphical update. It looks amazing. Though going by the Marshall Faulk pic in the other thread when the Rams were home, it looks like EA needs a little more work done in the dome lighting department. Still a great looking game though.
Just to be fair, though, the Edward Jones Dome never looked like it had the greatest lighting from what I've always seen on T.V. It always looked a little dank to me. With the Georgia Dome, though, the material that the actual dome is made out of is designed to let in sunlight to lite the place for day games. The Madden team has definitely had it rendered too dark in past, but these few pics of the Falcons do look a little more vibrant. Can't wait to see it in motion to see for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »