Home

FIFA 12 Video - E3 2011 Trailer

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Video - E3 2011 Trailer within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: FIFA 12 Video - E3 2011 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Lol, awesome commentary I'm looking forward to being able to tackle and block things in FIFA 10.2, haha

All jokes aside, I am looking forward to the impact engine, improved refs, precision dribbling etc. in FIFA 12. Been playing lots of FIFA 11 games lately and I'm seeing so many awkward collisions that neither the system or the ref can handle. Also I'm looking forward to having my players being more effective with the improved ball control as I'm lousy with the skill stick

And I just love the fact that FIFA 12 caters more towards my playing style and puts more emphasis on being able to play defense. My brother (the only guy I play online) has perfected the "heatseeking missile" defense and I absolutely hate playing against him. Maybe FIFA 12 will be the year where our sibling rivalry is put to an end. That is, unless he adapts and changes his style of play
I am actually pretty good with the skill stick. The result of never having time to be on the ball, so it was pull something like a McGready or a rainbow to keep the ball away from the Pitbull CPU defenders. My problem was always with seeing the next pass. I was never good at ping-pong passing, my mind doesn't work like that. It'll be nice to have a tactical element to play now. Nice thing is that it seems that both games (this and PES) seem to have gotten down supporting runs and little moves in the box. After watching Barca dismantle my Red Devils in that manner, it is nice to see that this element of football is getting some love. I've spent waaaaay too many games in Fifa with the cross from the corner being the main means of scoring. It was nice to see that get defended properly in the vid at the end. Of course Nani just blasts it out of the air from 35 yards! All in all, I cannot wait! November simply can't get here soon enough....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
My problem was always with seeing the next pass.
Your weakness comes from your strength... Pro Cam. Good to see you around these parts again.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Your weakness comes from your strength... Pro Cam. Good to see you around these parts again.
Been busy as a one arm paper-hanger! I'm back, just trying to be a Dad and I'm becoming really involved in a lot of stuff. My wife saw me on here the other day and said "I thought you stopped going on there?" Not so fast. It just wasn't Sports Gaming Season yet! Now that it's first looks for Fifa and PES I've gotta do some haunting. So I'm hooked till November again! LOL!

BTW, never gonna give up the Pro-Cam! I don't think I could ever pull a trick sideways.It's been way too long going up and down. And God knows I'm too old to relearn. I'm the little AARP!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

LOL that video is pretty funny.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I am actually pretty good with the skill stick. The result of never having time to be on the ball, so it was pull something like a McGready or a rainbow to keep the ball away from the Pitbull CPU defenders. My problem was always with seeing the next pass.
With me it's the exact opposite. I'm pretty good at passing as I constantly keep a close watch to the radar/map to get an overview over my players position. There's nothing finer that to pull off a long pass across the field to a player that isn't in view. I definitely know my brother hates when I do that, but it's my way of penalizing him for being too aggressive on defense and moving his players out of position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I rarely play using the pro camera as it focuses mostly on north/south passing. I'm a type of player who likes uses the entire width of the field, usually by switching flanks with long passes. Also I get completely lost when it starts zooming in

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »