Home

NBA 2K12 Video Interview - Dynamic Intros, Huge Presentation Upgrades, Expectations

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video Interview - Dynamic Intros, Huge Presentation Upgrades, Expectations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
Rookie

georgehives's Arena

OVR: 2
i hope they fix the crowd becaues it made the game feel boring
Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #18
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 Video Interview - Dynamic Intros, Huge Presentation Upgrades, Expectatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
Impression No. 1 - eh? Intro and prez sounds cool, but wait and see. Can someone please find out of Jordan/Classic Players are still in the game?
I forgot where I read it at, but I remember someone posting info about Jordan being back in the game with more challenges.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #19
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Video Interview - Dynamic Intros, Huge Presentation Upgrades, Expectatio

I see nothing wrong with the free throws as they are...hope whatever they did isnt worse. Hopefully we get playoff crowds and awful crowd noise is fixed.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardnmayo
I see nothing wrong with the free throws as they are...hope whatever they did isnt worse. Hopefully we get playoff crowds and awful crowd noise is fixed.
For me, my gripes and opinions:

1) Free throw element when playing the CPU, the screen shakes. Fundamentally, I have no idea what this is supposed to simulate anyway. At any rate, you can't do a dang thing in return to the CPU to disrupt their free throw shot.

2) Fundamentally, it shouldn't be a mini-game at all (early release, late release, etc).

3) Play with a team or person off the bench who you have no idea what his throwing motion is and you'll likely miss. Even though said player is an excellent free throw shooter on his own.

The really just need to dumb it down as simple as possible and leave it alone for good. Focus on the other things that need fixing.... Like screen pausers/flashers.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
For me, my gripes and opinions:

1) Free throw element when playing the CPU, the screen shakes. Fundamentally, I have no idea what this is supposed to simulate anyway. At any rate, you can't do a dang thing in return to the CPU to disrupt their free throw shot.

2) Fundamentally, it shouldn't be a mini-game at all (early release, late release, etc).

3) Play with a team or person off the bench who you have no idea what his throwing motion is and you'll likely miss. Even though said player is an excellent free throw shooter on his own.

The really just need to dumb it down as simple as possible and leave it alone for good. Focus on the other things that need fixing.... Like screen pausers/flashers.
1) It happens in clutch moments when the game is on the line. It's to simulate the pressure of the situation. I can agree it's not that necessary though.

2) Not really sure how it's considered a mini-game. It's the exact same function as shooting a non-FT shot.

3) If you want that to happen, you could just play with Real FT% on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #22
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
well Dwight howard can go 100 for 100 from the line easily jay because his release point is easy to figure out. ratings should definitely be a large factor
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Is the PC Release at 4th Oct fix? The news only says Casualbox and Casualstation?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 13
My guess is that the free throws will be automated based on the player's real life percentage (and tendencies like clutch?) This makes sense...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »