Home

OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview

One of our community members, Scott Burress, recently had a chance to play and write about WWE '12. For that reason, this preview is going to be a little shorter because I really would just be repeating a lot of what he had to say. So, what you'll see after the jump is just me hopping around a bit and focusing on some things that stood out here and there in this very promising wrestling (not fighting) reboot.

Read More - OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview

Chase thanks for the preview bro. From what I'm reading and seeing. It sounds like you don't choose the moves you want to pull off. Which to me sounds like THQ is now scripting the freaking moves and stuff. Which to me THQ is limiting people once again. I got a bad feeling about WWE12 this year. I might be taking this the wrong way. But if I'm reading this correct and all. Then I might be just sticking with SDvsRaw11 for another year and waiting on WWE13. Still need game footage and all to get a better sense of the gameplay and all. But for now this to me sounds like a rent to me this year. Thanks again for the review Chase.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Chase thanks for the preview bro. From what I'm reading and seeing. It sounds like you don't choose the moves you want to pull off. Which to me sounds like THQ is now scripting the freaking moves and stuff. Which to me THQ is limiting people once again. I got a bad feeling about WWE12 this year. I might be taking this the wrong way. But if I'm reading this correct and all. Then I might be just sticking with SDvsRaw11 for another year and waiting on WWE13. Still need game footage and all to get a better sense of the gameplay and all. But for now this to me sounds like a rent to me this year. Thanks again for the review Chase.
Where are you getting the scripted thing from? There's nothing scripted, everything flows freely. A comparison to WWE All-Stars works well in that sense.

It does play like SvR11, but it's not SvR11 at all if that makes sense. It's more organic and fluid.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i dont get it, so if i want to perform a body slam i can't unless the AI decides a body slam would go well there?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Where are you getting the scripted thing from? There's nothing scripted, everything flows freely. A comparison to WWE All-Stars works well in that sense.

It does play like SvR11, but it's not SvR11 at all if that makes sense. It's more organic and fluid.
Well I might have been misreading tho. From what I read in his review at the beginning it sounded like that when you push the button then random move happens. Like I said I must of misread it and all. But right now I would love to see some gameplay footage of it. But from what I've herd that they are doing some gameplay footage today or tomorrow on IGN. So I will get a better feel for the game hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i dont get it, so if i want to perform a body slam i can't unless the AI decides a body slam would go well there?
In a way, yes. Your moveset is sort of out of your hands in some respects as certain moves change/unlock as matches continue. Like I said, it bothered me for about 20 seconds before I just got into the flow of the match. In the past, I tended to do the same moves over and over by accident or just because of a comfort level, so I think the change is actually a positive of sorts.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
In a way, yes. Your moveset is sort of out of your hands in some respects as certain moves change/unlock as matches continue. Like I said, it bothered me for about 20 seconds before I just got into the flow of the match. In the past, I tended to do the same moves over and over by accident or just because of a comfort level, so I think the change is actually a positive of sorts.
I don't know if I like that. I will have to see how it works first hand though. If it helps it be more of a simulation than a fighting game then I think I can live with it.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Im worried at the control. I kinda feel like this would be playing Madden and the game deciding whether or not it would be good to juke, stiff arm or plow through while pressing one button. While last controls seemed overwhelming, these seem underwhelming. I hope a demo gets put out this year so I can get a feel to see if I like the change

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »