Home

OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Pretty much confirms what i thought. Dont like that Oregon struggled to run their offense but hopefully on Heisman difficulty it won't be as easy to stop them.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
A lot of things sound really good but if the cpu can't run out of the shotgun/spread it really hurts the realism. And sliders can't fix this really. If you boost the cpu run block sliders too much it could make the traditional sets and goal line formations over powered. We really need balance in this area and we haven't had it yet on next gen. Still excited about NCAA 12. Hopefully tuning packs can be used to help fix this.
This is bottom line fact.

I know some people are trying to take "the high road" and not blast EA right now but more than one person has said the CPU still can't run out of shotgun and in a college football game that is INEXCUSABLE. I think it sucks that we are probably going to have to use custom sliders each week based on the offense we are playing against.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 06-08-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Based on the fact you mentioned using 3D glasses my guess is you played this on the PS3. Have you had a look at it on the 360 and do the graphics there also look like they have been improved? The 360 is a year older than the PS3 and many have said the PS3 has better hardware but it is rare that devs take advantage of that unless the game is a PS3 only release.

Just wondered. I have put off buying a PS3 for years because I have been happy with the 360 and Xbox Live as well as not getting my private information stolen ... But if Devs start to make thing look better on the PS3 using its slightly better hardware then I might consider it.
Hellisan already said he thinks the 360 version looks better than the PS3 version

OS Blog

Old 06-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

I know that I am talking about last year, but ASU held Oregon as a team to 3.5 YPC in last years match up.

Oregon Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLG
L. James28943.4140
D. Thomas4184.517
J. Huff11414.0014
K. Barner100.000
-. Team2-1-0.500
Team361253.5240

James had 28 carries for 94 yards which is 3.4 ypc and was with a 40 yard run. ASU was a young team last year so they would have a lot of people returning this year and some are predicting them to at the least make it to the PAC-12 championship game. I would be interested if Chase could share the ratings of Oregon's offense vs. ASU's defense; if it is an A vs. an A or A- then I would not be as concerned if it were an A+ offense vs. a B- defense.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Franko, ASU no doubt has a strong LB core and a pretty good overall front seven, but still, its Oregon man. From what the guy said in the preview it isn't even just the YPC its the fact that the QB is making dumb plays/bad pitches.

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 17
New ASU jerseys SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSuck; bring back Sparky
Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Franko, ASU no doubt has a strong LB core and a pretty good overall front seven, but still, its Oregon man. From what the guy said in the preview it isn't even just the YPC its the fact that the QB is making dumb plays/bad pitches.
I understand that, but Oregon was Oregon last year too and ASU held them to 3.4 YPC. I also did not read anything about the QB making dumb plays/bad pitches, in fact I read the opposite. Here are the two quotes:

1. The piece of QB play:

"On the field NCAA 12 feels like an extremely polished version of NCAA 11. Fundamentally, if you are a veteran of the series you will have no issue feeling right at home with this game. The biggest improvements I noticed within the first few minutes of playing was that CPU QB's now take off when their pocket begins to break down, and CPU offenses play to their strengths. That's right, not only did I see it first hand, I was also told by Ben that one of the key focuses to this years game was improving the CPU AI and tendencies. Expect offenses that revolve around the option and mobile QB's to actually be dangerous."

2. The piece on Oregon's running game:

"One negative note, in the one quarter I played against Oregon as Arizona State (amazing new jerseys included), the Ducks were having a mighty hard time establishing a run game against me from the shotgun. The CPU was able to pick up 1-3 yards per carry, mixed with losses of 3-5. This was a problem that plagued last year's title, and I am hoping this could just be an isolated incident since I was not able to play the specific game to completion. I was playing on All-American difficulty with default sliders."

I am not blindly sticking up for the game yet as I have not even played it and truth be told I too am a little concerned, but if ASU's defense is rated evenly with Oregons offense or better, Oregon should not be running all over ASU's defense.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #24
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

It is unfortunate that E3 has really tempered my excitement for NCAA rather than the opposite. I've been very impressed with what I've seen from Madden, and as such, the way NCAA looks in comparison is somewhat of a downer. I realize the two probably aren't on equal footing in terms resource commitment, but with the way Madden has integrated extremely TV-esque broadcast views and graphics, I feel like NCAA could just be a whole lot better. It also makes me realize how sore I am on all the recycled angles and shots that NCAA employs. Furthermore, FIFA's new impact engine makes me wish both NCAA and Madden employed this, largely because the gameplay with the way it has been for years is stale. Granted I haven't played this year's releases yet, but I don't expect a greatly different experience.

That said, I'm still very skeptical of all these games. I have felt very gypped by Madden/NCAA in the past, and I feel like reviews for various iterations have been inflated (although clearly reviews of games are entirely subjective). Either way, though, the E3 coverage has actually made me want to purchase Madden over NCAA. Perhaps that was EA's goal in a sense--they did want to focus on Madden and not take away from its presence. I don't expect to buy both, so the question now becomes do I take Madden thinking it really is that much improved or do I take NCAA that has made some interesting improvements, albeit not as many or different improvements than I would have liked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »