Home

NHL 12 Video - Size Does Matter

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Size Does Matter within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 12 Video - Size Does Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
It still bothers me that as Chara is bumped, since he had control of the puck before the collision, it just moved accordingly with his body while he was maintaining balance.

Looked and acted fine for me. His stick was bumped off the puck and it looked loose and he regained control.
Plus its not on hardcore either probably which i feel loosens up the puck even more.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

of course size matters

- started 11/15/08
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

The biggest problem I have with the video is that it looks like acceleration wasn't really touched, so a cleanly won faceoff still results in a forward in the defenseman's face right as the puck arrives. It's one of the things that makes it difficult to cycle the puck. Players can go from 0 to 60 almost instantly so no matter how quickly you move the puck around people can be on you in a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew514
The biggest problem I have with the video is that it looks like acceleration wasn't really touched, so a cleanly won faceoff still results in a forward in the defenseman's face right as the puck arrives. It's one of the things that makes it difficult to cycle the puck. Players can go from 0 to 60 almost instantly so no matter how quickly you move the puck around people can be on you in a second.
As a d-man in BAP and EASHL I feel the pain. I think part of the problem with that is that forwards don't tie each other up on faceoffs like they would in real life. It isn't fun when your center wins the draw clean and the other team's forward is hitting you before you touch the puck.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

For EASHL,...wth are your wingers doing on faceoffs then?

Doing what the cpu L winger and LD did in the video?

It doesn`t help that Chara is probably programmed on that play to try to skate through the slot area with the puck and try to make a stretch pass,with no support and a guy picking his pockets right on the goalie`s doorstep.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

No, the center wins the draw squeaky clean back to the point. The wingers don't tie each other up for a second so along with the huge agility boosts, the other team's winger is on you at the same time as the puck. It happens in single player sometimes as well (though not as bad). You end up having to dump the puck in to avoid a turnover off a cleanly won draw.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #15
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Also, the wingers can't interfere like last year, where we would hit each other (wingers) right after the faceoffs to stall the d-men just a bit, but now you hit them right after the faceoff and you get an interference penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

I play D and there's no interference possible for the wingers. If they cross-check, it's a 2 minutes for interference, same with bumping. It's so easy to get by the wingers for the other team on face-off that the D has no time to make a move.

If the physics would be as accurate like in NBA 2K11, players would just have to move with the other player and the guy wouldn't be able to get through.

It's not that big a deal, but it's annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »