Home

NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
Banned

tpain2345's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

thats crazy that it doesn't have edited rosters, that and the horrible camera angles were easily my biggest complaints about last years RTG and neither have been touched :/
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

Well, when youre out on the field you cant hear any of the play by play guys in the booth. To me that adds to the realism.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Well, when youre out on the field you cant hear any of the play by play guys in the booth. To me that adds to the realism.
But It's not realistic without it either. That is unless Your coaches, and everyone on your team have their mouths sewn shut, and when you get to the sideline you just blackout until your back in.

There needs to be some sort of presentation, and the total lack of it takes a lot away for me. Why it's not an option, as evil as those apparently are, I don't know. Only conclusion to me is that they ran into difficulty making the commentary coherent with the constant switching in and out of the game, and haven't bothered with it since 09. Otherwise make it an option, or the people who want if off can just turn down the commentary, but having no option at all just screws the people who actually want it.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Nice article........Too bad I never cared for RTG mode though.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
But It's not realistic without it either. That is unless Your coaches, and everyone on your team have their mouths sewn shut, and when you get to the sideline you just blackout until your back in.

There needs to be some sort of presentation, and the total lack of it takes a lot away for me. Why it's not an option, as evil as those apparently are, I don't know. Only conclusion to me is that they ran into difficulty making the commentary coherent with the constant switching in and out of the game, and haven't bothered with it since 09. Otherwise make it an option, or the people who want if off can just turn down the commentary, but having no option at all just screws the people who actually want it.
They did say that presentation has been improved like montages, replays, and pregame
Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They did say that presentation has been improved like montages, replays, and pregame
That makes the lack of commentary make even less sense, since they're clearly not going for a more realistic approach by keeping it removed. Again, all one can assume is that there are some issues with the RTG commentary that they don't feel like addressing, otherwise there's no logical reason for omitting it.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19
It will be interesting to see what it looks/plays like.

I'm wondering how will the offenses for each high school be desided.
What if your team was an Wing T-Option etc..., how will RTG deal with that?
If not, what will be the purpose of advertising gamers being able to use TB to bring in the high schools?

The one thing I know the community is "Tired" of hearing is the "We didn't have time" response to implementations.
Especially things that have been asked for more than 2 years ago.

Since making it's way on Next-Gen, the gaming community has been asking for some type of In-Game Player Editor because there has/will always be issues with how players are rated.

This will be year what ____ with not having this ability and it's always the same reason why.
Not enough time.

As a poster notated above, it's not a New Feature, because it's already there in the game.
NCAA just decides to Limit the functionality to the gamer.

I'm also purplexed by not immersing the gamer with no New Playable Camera perspectives.
How can gamers be immersed when the Playable Camera angel is still forced on a large chunk that has voiced they dislike the current perspective.

I'm curious though, since there is an effort to not include those things that Madden has introduced like Player Traits to help players perform during gameplay properly, how will your RTG player recieve his playing characteristic (Speed/Power RB, Pocket/Scrambling QB etc...)?

Let me guess, it's Random huh?

Can't wait to see what you've done.

Thank you for your work/effort Alex on this mode.

side note:
Did you really have to pick Boise St to do your teasers playing against Fresno St?
Could've picked New Mexico St to showcase your guy getting loose.
You had to open up that gash again!

Maybe I'll be the missing piece that finally helps us beat them Jive Turkey's!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Why would put the replays and all that stuff for RTG, but then leave out commentary? That makes no sense to me.

This may have been asked before, but does anyone know if you can edit sliders this time around?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »