Home

NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It will be interesting to see what it looks/plays like.

I'm wondering how will the offenses for each high school be desided.
What if your team was an Wing T-Option etc..., how will RTG deal with that?
If not, what will be the purpose of advertising gamers being able to use TB to bring in the high schools?

The one thing I know the community is "Tired" of hearing is the "We didn't have time" response to implementations.
Especially things that have been asked for more than 2 years ago.

Since making it's way on Next-Gen, the gaming community has been asking for some type of In-Game Player Editor because there has/will always be issues with how players are rated.

This will be year what ____ with not having this ability and it's always the same reason why.
Not enough time.

As a poster notated above, it's not a New Feature, because it's already there in the game.
NCAA just decides to Limit the functionality to the gamer.

I'm also purplexed by not immersing the gamer with no New Playable Camera perspectives.
How can gamers be immersed when the Playable Camera angel is still forced on a large chunk that has voiced they dislike the current perspective.

I'm curious though, since there is an effort to not include those things that Madden has introduced like Player Traits to help players perform during gameplay properly, how will your RTG player recieve his playing characteristic (Speed/Power RB, Pocket/Scrambling QB etc...)?

Let me guess, it's Random huh?

Can't wait to see what you've done.

Thank you for your work/effort Alex on this mode.

side note:
Did you really have to pick Boise St to do your teasers playing against Fresno St?
Could've picked New Mexico St to showcase your guy getting loose.
You had to open up that gash again!

Maybe I'll be the missing piece that finally helps us beat them Jive Turkey's!!!
Don't worry next year the big selling point will be "Kirk and Lee now commentate your Road to Glory!!" Just like they made a big deal about dreads this year....something that should be in the game but for some reason has been held back.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Commentary is already dry enough, if they added it everyone would just complain how many dry spots and no talking and comparing to NBA 2k11 and blahzay blahzay. Honestly commentary is dreadful in normal play and they are doing many of a favor by leaving it out, because I'll just turn it off and boost crowd noise anyway.
YouTube: TBD
Old 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I've never really enjoyed RTG, but I will say it was a nice article. Hopefully this year it will get my attention.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
JB: Alex, when you first stepped into the role of designer on Road to Glory, what was the first thing about this mode that ran through your mind that you wanted to stress or build upon?

Alex: Right from the start, I could tell that I had a lot to build from. RTG has always had a couple of great features that stood out from the rest of the game, such as quick 15 minute games, the single player aspect, and the Playoffs in High School. So my goal was to keep the best qualities of RTG, while expanded others.
Part of answer in italics makes me groan. Has there been anything saying that there wont be forced short games in RTG?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Part of answer in italics makes me groan. Has there been anything saying that there wont be forced short games in RTG?
There is only 5 min quarters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #22
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
JB: Here are some questions from the community. Do users have to do all 25 Practice reps each week if we attain our goals and/or a satisfactory XP level for that week?

Alex: If you want to leave practice, it will save off everything you have done so far, so you can return to practice. So if you finally got enough XP for a certain Upgrade, you can quit practice, buy the item, and return to practice with however many reps you had remaining.
RTG truly is RPG now. I kind of dig it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
There is only 5 min quarters
Seriously? Guess who has 2 thumbs and isn't playing it this year?
*points thumbs at self*
This guy right here.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm glad someone agrees with me on the Teambuilder questions

As for RTG I didn't play it at all last year, I guess I'll try it this year since you can play both sides of the ball but once I choose a college that'll prob be it for RTG and then it'll be back to Dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »