Home

Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 12: Madden Ultimate Team Features

So, there are only like 5-6 legends? Im glad Barrys there, but it really stinks not having a much bigger lineup.

You can play with this players right? Can I assume the Lions will actually have a 90's uniform in the game this year? Last year I was upset that all they had was a throwback uniform from long ago.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
So, there are only like 5-6 legends? Im glad Barrys there, but it really stinks not having a much bigger lineup.
* Walter Payton – Rookie Season, Super Bowl XX
* Barry Sanders – Rookie Season, 2000 Yard Season
* Jerry Rice – 1985 Rookie Season, Jerry in Oakland
* Gale Sayers – 1965 Rookie Season, 1966 Pro Bowl
* Marcus Allen – 1985 NFL MVP, 1993 Comeback Player
* Dan Marino – 1984 NFL MVP, 1986 Pro Bowl, 1994 Comeback Player
* Lawrence Taylor – 1986 NFL MVP, Final Season
* Deion Sanders – Deion in Dallas, his rookie season in Atlanta, Super Bowl XXIX with SF, Deion in Baltimore
* Rod Woodson – 1987 Rookie Season
* Marshall Faulk – with the Colts, Rams
* Eric Dickerson – with the Rams, Colts
* Eddie George – 1996 Rookie Season
* Shaun Alexander – 2000 Rookie Season, 2005 NFL MVP

13 MUT Legends, with variations of most.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/ma...eam-12-details
Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
If you primarily care to only collect cards of your favorite players, why not bench them once you get them? They won't play, and you can keep them as long as you wish. Obviously that's a dumb suggestion, but it's an option. More likely, use the contract cards you get from purchasing packs to keep your favorites around. The rest of your team will evolve, yes; but you can keep your core favorites in tact.
I tried this in Madden 10 but it gets to the point that I get more players I want to keep than I can keep on my bench.

I don't mind if people like the mode. I just don't see the draw.

Quote:
The cheats don't effect online play, right? (I don't play online, so I'm not positive) Assuming not, what does it matter if one wishes to purchase the "accelerators" EA offers for their Franchise/Superstar mode team/player? The Online Pass, as I'm sure you know, comes with a new copy of the game. Even buying used, you either end up only paying the same $60 the 'new' buyers did; or more often come out a few bucks ahead.
What matters is that there is a 'purchase' for cheats. Coding that I doubt takes much effort to make and something that has been in games for free since Atari.

With the online pass, you're missing one big issue. You can't have more than one account on the same system online without purchasing another pass. This means you can play but your brother/father/roommate/friend who lives with you will need to purchase his own copy. This is a problem for a lot of people.

Quote:
I remember the "sky is falling" people when this started in Madden 10. The amount of hyperbole was amazing. Fortunately, as of now, EA has kept the same type of content available for purchase: additions that aren't essential to enjoying the game.
I read the panic posts on other forums as well but even though you shouldn't go nuts over it, it's hard to accept it as "oh well, I guess this is how it is from now on.".

Again, I don't mind at all paying for extra content in games. You may be right about games holding items back but at least the content normally feels like it's enough to warrant the purchase. I personally feel EA has taken this a step further. If we just accept this, they will continue to test our patience/loyalty/desire to play to see where the breaking point is.

Obviously, money is the bottom line but every company has to face the balancing act to see how far they can push their costumers before they move on to something else. EA is getting close to tipping the scales.

Now I don't want to make this a big discussion in this thread as it's not on topic so I'll end it on that point.

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 06-20-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
With the online pass, you're missing one big issue. You can't have more than one account on the same system online without purchasing another pass. This means you can play but your brother/father/roommate/friend who lives with you will need to purchase his own copy. This is a problem for a lot of people.
My brother and I both use the same PS3, with separate accounts and we both utilize MUT only redeeming the code that comes with the game. Are you on 360 and it's different there or am I totally misunderstanding you?

Quote:
Now I don't want to make this a big discussion in this thread as it's not on topic so I'll end it on that point.
Agreed.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
My brother and I both use the same PS3, with separate accounts and we both utilize MUT only redeeming the code that comes with the game. Are you on 360 and it's different there or am I totally misunderstanding you?
360. I didn't realize PS3 used a pass since their online service was free. oh well.

Now back on topic. Where's my Chuck Bednarik and Reggie White legendary cards?

Also.... Shaun Alexander??? One of these things is not like the others...

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 06-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
is this something people really asked for. I'll never use this feature. I can care less about legend teams unless they have a full team like a Cowboys team from the 90s or the 49ers from the 80s or something like that, i can care less though about a mix of legends.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #15
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
I pre ordered madden 11. I got 20,000 coins. I never used them. why? i thought it might be able to be used for something useful. MUT as they call it now (horrible acronym) to me could be better made as a 'fantacy football' mini game that goes along with franchise mode IMO. MUT as it is has never been a draw for me.

Quoting JerseySauve4 "I can care less about legend teams unless they have a full team like a Cowboys team from the 90s or the 49ers from the 80s or something like that,"

I agree. Historical rosters to download. Or even historical teams. that would be a draw for me. AS for this MUT. . . .

to the backyard with it. . . i mean it is a MUT right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #16
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
I have an idea. This MUT is a digital money maker for EA. Cool by me. I would prefer to pay a set amount of money to get legendary players. what about people like me that don't want to spend money on RANDOM that id don't want when I want some legendary players? I would pay for them. that would be quality use of digital payment I think. anyone else agree? or disagree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »