Home

Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

UPDATE: It seems the PS3 version will not arrive in North America.

Quote:
"Backbreaker Vengeance will be available in PAL territories on PSN and XBLA however, in North America the game will only be available on XBLA. This is very unfortunate, but it is beyond our control and we would have liked for the PlayStation version to be available worldwide."

Get ready to stuff the competition with the hardest-hitting gridiron game this summer, on Xbox®LIVE and PSN®

(Milton Keynes) –22 June, 2011 — 505 Games and NaturalMotion Games announced today that Backbreaker Vengeance™, the next chapter in the genre-changing Backbreaker franchise, will be available on Xbox®LIVE Arcade for the Xbox®360 videogame and entertainment systems from 29 June, 2011.The game will also be released on PlayStation®3 via PlayStation®Network later this summer[i].

“Backbreaker Vengeance is the perfect summer game and a great addition to the wildly successful Backbreaker franchise,” said Ian Howe, President, 505 Games North America. “Building on the instantly gratifying fun of Tackle Alley with new modes and moves, and with hundreds of intense levels, Backbreaker Vengeance is the total package for anyone who wants to jump into a game for a few minutes or a few hours.”

Backbreaker Vengeance takes the intensity and AAA appeal of the original Backbreaker Football console game and combines it with the pick-up-and-play nature of the million-selling iPhone app to create a whole new one-of-a-kind sports experience for digital download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360. Powered by the groundbreaking euphoria engine Backbreaker Vengeance, features hard-hitting tackles that are unique every time, and bound to want players to have “just one more go”.

“Backbreaker has changed the way people play football video games,” said Torsten Reil, CEO of NaturalMotion. “Backbreaker Vengeance for Xbox LIVE Arcade takes everything we’ve learnt about truly live sports gaming and combines it with arcade gameplay for the fastest, most instantly playable football experience anywhere.”

Since its arrival on the mobile platforms in late 2009, Backbreaker as a franchise has garnered over 5 million fans across the world, testament to its proudly accessible approach to the football genre.

Whether you takedown or touchdown…it’s Vengeance!

Backbreaker Vengeance is slated for release 29 June, 2011, Xbox®LIVE Arcade for the Xbox®360 videogame and entertainment system for Microsoft and a few weeks later on PlayStation®3 via Playstation®Network from Sony in PAL territories.

For more information on Backbreaker Vengeance, please visit http://www.facebook.com/Backbreakergame

Web:

http://www.backbreakergame.com
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Supremacy, Arrives on XBLA on June 29th, Later on P

One word = Boring!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Supremacy, Arrives on XBLA on June 29th, Later on P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
One word = Boring!

You know what they say about opinions.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Point #1 - “Backbreaker Vengeance is the perfect summer game and a great addition to the wildly successful Backbreaker franchise,” said Ian Howe, President, 505 Games North America.

Point #2 - “Backbreaker has changed the way people play football video games,” said Torsten Reil, CEO of NaturalMotion.
This (Point #1) identifies why this game seems to be relegated to being happy to just making a profit in the Football genre currently occupied only by EA Sports.

People were excited at first by the Phyisics Based Engine and the prospect of an "Authentic" Sim-Style football game, but the error in thinking (Point #2) identifies why the game Developers missed their opportunity to increase their following.

The Football community did not want a "New Way" to Play Football, we wanted a Simulation game that would've immersed us more than the current football games we have been getting on Next-Gen.

(Point #3) Why would they release this a day after NCAA Demo release?

Trying to compete Marketing wise with a Full 11 on 11 football game with a Tackling/Running only Mode makes me scratch my head and ask what was their Marketing people thinking?

If anything, release it early during this "Dead" period were gamers are trying to fill the void with something.
But not during the release window of the only College Football Game comming out.

**The community will spend most of it's time getting deep and breaking down this game with little to no time remaining for Backbreaker Vengence.

Hopefully any Developer that wants to get into the Football scene, will consider and avoid the pot-holes Backbreaker steped into.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

As a PS3 owner who lives in the U.S., I'm really excited this game is only going to be available in PAL territories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16
i played the demo for backbreaker last year and it was very fun. but as a complete football game it didnt wow me. sad to say this vid didnt do any thing for me and its sad because people are looking for a madden killer and even if this company gets an nfl deal one day what they have put out wont get it done
Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Looks like a multiplayer tackle alley type game? Should be lots of fun!

After what I've seen from videos, I'm not very excited about the NCAA demo. I don't need to play the demo to know what I'm getting with that game: same old EA engine slighted tweaked for the umpteenth time.

I'm much more excited to see what a NEW football game has to offer.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7
I'll never understand why Backbreaker went the route it did. It had something Ea didn't(and still doesnt) which is amazing physics system and instead chose to be an arcade game. Imagine what they could have done if they went after Madden directly. sure no real teams but I would get over that if I was getting a Sim experience with breath taking physics engine to boot. They really didn't need to make so many changes to the gameplay style just to be different the physics engine was more than enough. If they would have gone the APF2k8 route they would have probably been more successful and would have been able to "convert" a lot more Madden players then what they did with Backbreaker. Maybe just maybe if they did make a more traditional style game it would have forced EA to get on the physics stuff for madden as well much sooner meaning we'd be getting a Madden game with physics maybe as soon as this year or next year instead of whenever EA feels like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »