Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th

Fight Night Champion title update #2 details are in. Look for it to arrive on June 28th for both 360 and PS3.

Fixed One-Punch Knockouts
  • Pretty self-explanatory this one. One punch KOs are happening again.
Health and Knockdowns
  • Boxers with low health can now be knocked down without automatically entering the “critical health” stun state.
  • Cumulative punching can, in effect, cause knockdowns without being so predictable.
Locomotion Updates
  • Boxers can now move forwards with their guard up as fast as opponents can move backwards with their guard down
  • Movement speed near the ropes or corners is affected. Makes it more difficult to consistently run throughout the course of a fight.
  • Weave input sensitivity has been improved.
Stamina Updates
  • Long term stamina loss for moving backwards is significantly higher than stamina loss for moving forwards.
  • Short term stamina loss for throwing several punches is more significant.
  • The effect of low stamina on boxer power and toughness is more significant. When a boxer’s stamina bar is low, they are weaker and more susceptible to damage than before.
  • Stamina loss for high output punchers is more significant overall.
Hit Reactions
  • Tweaked hit reaction strength such that punches to the body do not offset opponent punches as drastically.
  • Reduces the instance of what some users felt were, “forced misses”.
Judges Scoring
  • Judging logic tweaked to favor clean, effective punching more than previously.
  • In general, most judges will favor the boxer who lands fewer, more significant punches over the boxer who lands higher numbers of less significant punches.
  • Big punches and stuns have a bigger chance of swinging a round in favor of a boxer.
Legacy Mode
  • Fixed issue where game would sometimes hang when attempting to import created fighters into Legacy Mode.
  • Alternate Weight Class DLC boxers can be imported into Legacy Mode. So can George Foreman.
Fixed the Online Leaderboards Cheat

OWC Match-Up Logic
  • Prioritizes match-ups been boxers with similar OVR ratings.
  • Matchups between boxers with too large a difference in OVR will not be made (no more hunting for easy fights).
  • OWC Boxer Ratings have been balanced so that new boxers aren’t at as big a disadvantage starting out.
Offline Gameplay
  • Rolled back a subset of previous tunerset updates that were adversely affecting offline gameplay difficulty.
  • Improved the effect of Offline Gameplay Sliders for Punch Accuracy and Punch Output (as much as possible).
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fight Night Champion Patch scheduled for June 28th-Details inside

arrrgh!!!!!

No mention of CAB problems like

-CABs getting deleted after 74
-CABs having their appearance altered when imported into Legacy
-Cuts/Swelling ratings locked at 99s for Offline Fight Now

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

No mention of the swelling!!! This better get fixed, it's the most basic thing they screwed up, along with 1 punch KO's, and it's just not a realistic game if the guy's face is getting pounded and there is no swelling at all. The fact that, to my knowledge, they have never admitted a problem or a change with the swelling, and no mention now it bewildering to me.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

Thanks for the update.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

thanx for the update

this is their last chance for me, if I'm not satisfied with their changes I'm done with the game for good, not that it matters as they already have my money...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Many of your impressions will determine whether I pick this up on the cheap again.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

ajns's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm a little apathetic. Father's Day was kind of the point of no return for me. My wife, after months of watching me pull my hair out, said, "Why don't we get you a new game for Father's Day." Long story short, we picked up a used copy of GT5 last Sunday. I have spent 4 glorious days playing an unbroken game and not thinking at all about the upcoming tuner/patch for FNC. I guess feedback on the tuner/patch and slider sensitivity post patch will determine if I even pick this game up again. And honestly, I can't believe I am actually typing this because I love this game and boxing, and I thought I would never give up hope. However, playing another game that didn't have the issues that FNC has really changed my perspective. Hopefully they fixed everything (not hopeful on damage) and maybe after a few weeks of hearing good things, I'll try it out again. But for now, the 28th is just...Tuesday.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Cynick's Arena

OVR: 0

No mention of cab problems, nothing about the lack of swelling, and I guess they are leaving in straights turning to hooks at a distance where hooks cannot land? Should only happen on body punches to begin with. The 6 inch cross is 1 of the most deadly punches in boxing, why did they take it out? I sure hope this is just the short list and not all that they are doing with the patch, I'm pretty disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »