Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18
No mention of "Authentic Brutality" (i.e cuts/swelling) returning to offline...I sure hope it's there after the tuner updates are rolled back. I'm not an EA-basher, as I've long been a fan of their games, but I've never felt so blatantly cheated on a video game purchase. You don't advertise something as a main selling point in your product only to take it out. That would be a major legality issue in just about any other industry.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Details, Arrives June 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Tough call on this. To me it all hinges on the multiple punch aspect of this patch. You're almost forced to back off a spam jabber. If the body spam is still exploitable and moving backwards causes quicker depletion of stamina then I think it will absolutely destroy online play. Spam jabbers moving forward could equate to 1200-1300 punch counts with a full bill of health going into the final two rounds. I'm not real thrilled with the prospect of that.
Damn man I never even thought about that. But if I remember correctly they said that they are going to fix the jab spamming issue in one of their articles. I believe they are completely aware of that issue (i hope). Jab Spamming is one of my biggest complaints. Its not as effective anymore since the last tuner, but players are still try to exploit it. ANother thing too is they did say that players who like to run will gradually lose stamina through out the fight and players who throw a number of punches will tire faster. Most Spammers accumulate a large amount of punches and they like to run. I hoping this patch will be the demise of Jab spammers. But one will never no until tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Tough call on this. To me it all hinges on the multiple punch aspect of this patch. You're almost forced to back off a spam jabber. If the body spam is still exploitable and moving backwards causes quicker depletion of stamina then I think it will absolutely destroy online play. Spam jabbers moving forward could equate to 1200-1300 punch counts with a full bill of health going into the final two rounds. I'm not real thrilled with the prospect of that.
this will be the key whether multiple punchers will truly be rewared or hurt. jab as a basic punch shouldn't take away much stamina , but when it becomes in excess 4-8 punches stamina should dip as if they threw three hooks or uppercuts.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

As it stands right now, with whatever "ninja tuner" they seem to have implemented, damage-per-punch is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY below where it should be. It's nearly impossible to get a KO right now against someone who knows what they're doing. I'm gonna reserve my judgement until after the patch drops. Here's crossing my fingers...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I never had problems with the jab spammers until they got rid of 1 punch ko's. Those guys typically dont have good defense. Now that its back I dont see these guys as a problem anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #22

OVR: 34

It's going to be interesting seeing one punch KOs back. From what I understand, they had to roll the previous tuners back to what was out of the box in preparation for the patch. When the patch hits they will apply a tuner. I'd like to see jab spammers getting knocked out because of continued punches.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It's going to be interesting seeing one punch KOs back. From what I understand, they had to roll the previous tuners back to what was out of the box in preparation for the patch. When the patch hits they will apply a tuner. I'd like to see jab spammers getting knocked out because of continued punches.
I hope they tune this, because this is the first time I can actually say that unless they do something, I will no longer play online.

I am top 50 in the world online, and I got there fighting realistically. I have been proud of that, but in 2 online fights (given, that's not enough to form an educated opinion), I have tried to stick and move and have suffered absurd stamina penalties.

In addition, I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano online, and got spanked by some punk who threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds. I tried to keep him out of range with my jab, but he easily blocked, walked right through, and once he was inside, there was no way for me to get back out of range. YIKES!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

NYG_Meth

I agree with you 100% percent.
This GAME isn't about effective BOXING any Longer.
Its about Brawling, I am RANK as well but not as high as you but in the bottom thousand.

I can no longer use the STICK & Move strategy either.
Now we're force to stand in front and take a beaten.
It makes no sense that ALI can't now avoid Punches or Body Punches from a good Body Puncher in this game any longer

Then on top of that, by round 4, 5, & 6 your TO TIRED to do anything.
and that is just throwing 1 or 2 punches a time and pausing for 5 to 10seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »