Home

Madden NFL 12 Interview with Mike Young (GamingIllustrated)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Interview with Mike Young (GamingIllustrated) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview with Mike Young (GamingIllustrated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Don't get me wrong, I understand that the team working on the art stuff is completely separate, as it should be. However, it just seems off to me.
So are you saying the art guys should have taken Madden 12 off? You're complaining about technical stuff in a thread about an interview with the lead art guy. I am sure there's a thread better suited out there for you, if not 8 or 9 of them.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So are you saying the art guys should have taken Madden 12 off? You're complaining about technical stuff in a thread about an interview with the lead art guy. I am sure there's a thread better suited out there for you, if not 8 or 9 of them.
Yeah, that's exactly what I am saying. They should have taken a year off. IN fact, I said it directly in my post. Do me a favor, just put me on your ignore list.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I am saying. They should have taken a year off. IN fact, I said it directly in my post. Do me a favor, just put me on your ignore list.
Please tell me how this would offer any benefit to anyone.

You understand it's separate so what does this have anything to do with any of the other parts of the game you are bringing up?

It really comes off as complaining just to complain. There are many other places here that people have discussed the shortages of other areas you mentioned, no need to bring it up here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Please tell me how this would offer any benefit to anyone.

You understand it's separate so what does this have anything to do with any of the other parts of the game you are bringing up?

It really comes off as complaining just to complain. There are many other places here that people have discussed the shortages of other areas you mentioned, no need to bring it up here...
It's really getting impossible to "discuss" here. In no way was my post meant as a "complaint". Are we reading into posts now just to LOOK for excuses to reprimand? The thread was about the new and improved artwork in Madden 12 which I think is great. Now they just need to combine the great art work with the elements of gameplay that are missing. It's not complaining, it's an opinion on Madden 12 which is exactly what this board is for.

No big deal. I'll delete the post and we'll just move on. No harm no foul.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #13

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
It's really getting impossible to "discuss" here. In no way was my post meant as a "complaint". Are we reading into posts now just to LOOK for excuses to reprimand? The thread was about the new and improved artwork in Madden 12 which I think is great. Now they just need to combine the great art work with the elements of gameplay that are missing. It's not complaining, it's an opinion on Madden 12 which is exactly what this board is for.

No big deal. I'll delete the post and we'll just move on. No harm no foul.
I wasn't reprimanding in any way. Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm questioning your intent.

My point is this, there is no mention here of gameplay at all, which apparently is your argument, but when you are interviewing the art director, you aren't going to get gameplay questions/responses. It's the same thing Masteveo was getting at.

I don't know why you are getting defensive to my question as it is a legitimate one. What does gameplay have to do with this q&a?

Bringing up an argument that has nothing to do with the discussions at hand is nothing more than complaining to complain. This thread is discussing the art aspect of Madden and nothing more.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I wasn't reprimanding in any way. Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm questioning your intent.

My point is this, there is no mention here of gameplay at all, which apparently is your argument, but when you are interviewing the art director, you aren't going to get gameplay questions/responses. It's the same thing Masteveo was getting at.

I don't know why you are getting defensive to my question as it is a legitimate one. What does gameplay have to do with this q&a?

Bringing up an argument that has nothing to do with the discussions at hand is nothing more than complaining to complain. This thread is discussing the art aspect of Madden and nothing more.
The article was interviewing the art director talking about the great art in Madden 12. I love the new art. It's great. I was simply commenting about the fact there are still a few gameplay elements missing which when added, will combine with the fantastic artwork to make a fantastic football game. When I get a smart *** response criticizing me and my intentions in my post that are an assumption, it warrants getting a little defensive. It was uncalled for since you guys both assumed I was "complaining". It was a comment which this board is all about. Commenting, discussing and expressing opinions. Had I written that the artwork and gameplay are now both perfect, would there have been an issue with my post about gameplay being unrelated?

I was simply trying to express my opinion that with the new enhancements made to the art work, those missing gameplay elements that are still a hard pill to swallow will make the game incredible when they are added for Madden 13. I really don't understand where these assumptions came from.

In any event, this really isn't important enough to argue over. You guys made your point and I don't have an issue with it. I consider it water under the bridge. No big deal.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #15

kehlis's Arena

Fair enough and agreed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
The article was interviewing the art director talking about the great art in Madden 12. I love the new art. It's great. I was simply commenting about the fact there are still a few gameplay elements missing which when added, will combine with the fantastic artwork to make a fantastic football game. When I get a smart *** response criticizing me and my intentions in my post that are an assumption, it warrants getting a little defensive. It was uncalled for since you guys both assumed I was "complaining". It was a comment which this board is all about. Commenting, discussing and expressing opinions. Had I written that the artwork and gameplay are now both perfect, would there have been an issue with my post about gameplay being unrelated?

I was simply trying to express my opinion that with the new enhancements made to the art work, those missing gameplay elements that are still a hard pill to swallow will make the game incredible when they are added for Madden 13. I really don't understand where these assumptions came from.

In any event, this really isn't important enough to argue over. You guys made your point and I don't have an issue with it. I consider it water under the bridge. No big deal.
Ahh the victim defense. You are not being singled out because your opinion is negative. You got singled out because you brought up issues completely unrelated to the topic at hand. This is why it appears you are complaining for the sake of complaining. I am not sure why it's so hard for you to figure out. I guess it's easier to play the victim role.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »