Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
Rookie

Cynick's Arena

OVR: 0
Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The second Title Update for Fight Night Champion has been released and is currently available for download on both PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360.

In case you missed it earlier, details for Title Update #2 can be found here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Cynick; 06-28-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Cynick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

On further testing... I still don't see nearly enough swelling. Cuts and bruising look great but little or no puffy eyes even when I focus shots on 1 side of the head. I've seen cuts happen in the 2nd round, 8th round, and all in between though.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Patch Available on XBOX 360

The first thing I noticed this morning is stamina. If you have been playing with the sliders in order to make fighters lose stamina at a more consistant rate, you may wanna reset it to default 25...or between 20-25.

I (Kendall Holt) was fighting CPU(Paul McClosky). At the end of round one, My stamina bar was at 85 and I recovered 12% to 97. I threw no power shots at all. The CPU boxer was at 88% and he threw and connected on 10/27 power shots.

I threw 52 puinches total after the 1st round and he only threw 50.

That tells me people are going to pay for throw insane amounts of power shots!!!

One question I have for all of you. When a patch drops do you all reset your sliders to default or keep them as is?

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-28-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Patch Available on XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The first thing I noticed this morning is stamina. If you have been playing with the sliders in order to make fighters lose stamina at a more consistant rate, you may wanna reset it to default 25...or between 20-25.

I (Kendall Holt) was fighting CPU(Paul McClosky). At the end of round one, My stamina bar was at 85 and I recovered 12% to 97. I threw no power shots at all. The CPU boxer was at 88% and he threw and connected on 10/27 power shots.

I threw 52 puinches total after the 1st round and he only threw 50.

That tells me people are going to pay for throw insane amounts of power shots!!!

One question I have for all of you. When a patch drops do you all reset your sliders to default or keep them as is?
Great impressions Tarheel! Keep them coming!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #5

OVR: 34

Here are some online impressions.

Stamina is the lowest I have seen it. I don't know if it's because of the combination of throwing punches and then moving back but it is so low that you really have to watch what you do. I'm talking zombie walk by round two.

I fought three fights online. The first went the distance but by round 7 the guys were so gassed they looked like molasses. That was my first experience with the patch. My next two fights I was extremely cautious but fought a guy that was bombs away. Both fights ended in round two.

Two things I noticed...right away is how you can get on a guy that runs rather easily. If he goes against the ropes he slows down. If he runs, you can get up on him and trap. But more than that you really see him slow down because he's moving back. The problem I fear is that normal movement will drop stamina too much. In my first fight I was trying to circle the ring but my stamina was shot....and I threw 800 punches in 10 rounds. that's a lot to me but still when i say gassed...I mean almost nothing on my stamina bar.

I think though that overall the game is much better. I wonder if there will be a tuner to adjust stamina because I see some getting upset with how low it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Stamina is the lowest I have seen it. I don't know if it's because of the combination of throwing punches and then moving back but it is so low that you really have to watch what you do. I'm talking zombie walk by round two.

I fought three fights online. The first went the distance but by round 7 the guys were so gassed they looked like molasses. That was my first experience with the patch. My next two fights I was extremely cautious but fought a guy that was bombs away. Both fights ended in round two.

Two things I noticed...right away is how you can get on a guy that runs rather easily. If he goes against the ropes he slows down. If he runs, you can get up on him and trap. But more than that you really see him slow down because he's moving back. The problem I fear is that normal movement will drop stamina too much. In my first fight I was trying to circle the ring but my stamina was shot....and I threw 800 punches in 10 rounds. that's a lot to me but still when i say gassed...I mean almost nothing on my stamina bar.

I think though that overall the game is much better. I wonder if there will be a tuner to adjust stamina because I see some getting upset with how low it is now.
Great stuff.
No matter what, one side is going to be upset. It sounds like if you box realistically, you'll have better success online.
I can't see how that would be seen as bad. But I've never met a 12-year-old that took losing well. Even if they didn't play the game correctly.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Yeah, it is CRAZY low right now. They might have to adjust it a bit.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Okay I've set a match up. CPU vs CPU Mayweather vs. Pac Man

I reset sliders to default with the exception of Counter Punch Window and CPU Punch Output(both set a zero)

Difficulty Level: GOAT
Min Rounds: 3 min

RD 1:

Stamina: Mayweather 96%, Pac Man 93%
Punches Thrown/Landed: Pac Man 29/75, Mayweather 21/42
Power Shots: Pac Man 11/26, Mayweather 6/22

RD 2:

Stamina: Mayweather 92%, Pac Man 88%
Punches Thrown/Landed: Pac Man 33/73, Mayweather 19/41
Power Shots: Pac Man 12/29, Mayweather 7/17

RD 3:

Stamina: Pac Man 84%, Mayweather 87%
Punches: Pac Man 34/75, Mayweather 18/40
Power Shots: Pac Man 10/19, Mayweather 10/19

Floyd dropped Pac Man with a sick left cross that he didn't even see coming LOL!!!

RD 4:

Stamina: Pac Man 82%, Mayweather 84%
Punches: Pac Man 24/58, Mayweather 22/49
Power Shots: Pac Man 8/20, Mayweather 8/19

RD 5:

Stamina: Pac Man 76%, Mayweather 79%
Punches: Pac Man 32/70, Mayweather 19/48
Power Shots: Pac Man 12/21, Mayweather 11/24

Pac Man dropped Floyd. Hit him with a left to stun him and then dropped him with a right hand.

RD 6:

Stamina: Pac Man 69%, Mayweather 74%
Punches: Pac Man 25/72, Mayweather 19/35
Power Shots: Pac Man 7/18, Mayweather 9/17

RD 7:

Stamina: Pac Man 64%, Mayweather 73%
Punches: Pac Man 39/69, Mayweather 13/37
Power Shots: Pac Man 16/23, Mayweather 7/19

Pac Man dropped Floyd again. This time with an uppercut to stun him and a straight left to drop him. Floyd stunned Pac Man with a right cross but he couldn't drop him.

RD 8:

Punches: Pac Man 15/38, Mayweather 13/32
Power Shots: Pac Man 4/11, Mayweather 5/17

Fight Over!!! Floyd knocks Pac Man out LOL!!! He hit him with a devastating uppercut to stun him and then dropped him with a left uppercut to the body!!

Final Fight Totals:

Pac Man: 231/530 43 % (80/167 power shots)
Mayweather: 144/324 44% (63/154 power shots)

My Observations:

1) This fight was fought with stamina slider set at default 25.
2) The clock runs faster when set at 3 min.
3) Punches have significantly more impact when a boxer throws multiple punches that takes his stamina bar down all the way. I saw an instance where Pac Man was throwing multiple shots and his stamina bar was low and Floyd hit him with a right cross and it almost emptied out his health meter and dropped him.
4) You could see the difference in the fighters output. With Floyd being a counter puncher and Pac Man being a high volume puncher. It was reflected in the stats.
5) I think we may enjoy this game after all!!!
6) Pac Man did most of his damaged when he got Floyd up against the ropes.

Again, this was played with all sliders set to default with the exception of Counter Window and CPU Punch Output at 0. Settigs was on G.O.A.T. and 3min rounds.

Enjoyable to watch lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »