Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Patch Available on XBOX 360

I'm excited again. Sounds as if they have gotten a lot of things corrected
Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Yeah, there's really no way to be evasive or stick and move at this point. This is gonna be a body-spamfest, because there's really no way to defend it anymore.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

I love the New Patch......U start running, you will pay for it......You start missing punches you'll pay for it........it makes you think before wasting punches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

Blood and swelling still seems to be minimal and I am noticing a lot of flash knock downs. I've seen about 4 in 3 fights
Old 06-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I just fought my first online fight post patch. I lost by split decision. The fight may have gone in my favor; I knocked the guy down in the 9th and when he got up I tried to finish him off. However, I got careless and he knocked me back down. I could have used a 10-8 round to swing it in my favor.. Anyways, I threw a total of 702 punches and I went into the 10th with 78% stamina. I could see that he was very low on stamina because he was zombie walking. He threw a total of 1032 punches.

The way I fought was, I did move back and I did circle, but I didn't do it constantly. I would move back out of range and stop...or circle and stop. I wouldn't do it constantly and that helped me. Normally I have everything on the HUD cut off. But, I wanted to see what things looked like with this patch. I'm telling you wild punchers will get KOed all the day long with this patch and I'm glad. You are going to pay for a lot of stuff under this new patch.

Some won't like...some will hate it while others will enjoy it. I look at it this way...it'll hold me over until July 12th when my fav game comes out!!! NCAA Football 12.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Yeah, there's really no way to be evasive or stick and move at this point. This is gonna be a body-spamfest, because there's really no way to defend it anymore.
I humbly Disagree.....You can still stick in move, you just have to be in the pocket alittle bit more......You really only get penalized for constant back pedaling.......As for as it being a bodyfest, if people are throwing hooks and uppercuts to the body those are easy to counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

It's definitely a lot better. I'm only a few fights in but I had one fight go the distance and the accompanying stamina drop was a welcome surprise. By the end of round 8 we were both gassed (me vs cpu). It was my first fight with the new patch so I threw a bit too much, as did the CPU. I ended up getting knocked down 3 times, stunned the CPU a few times but never knocked him down, and lost a UD.

Second fight I won in 3 rounds and my third fight I won by TKO in the 10th due to ref/doctor stoppage, which was nice to see.

I noticed that stamina absolutely has changed for the better. Punches seem to make more sense when they land in certain places. I hit Andre Bishop in the temple, just a straight, non-counter/non-power-modified and it took Bishop from about 98% health to 20% in one shot. Which was nice because it landed flush and it made sense for it to do that much damage. So I definitely think to this point, the patch is great. My biggest issue was stamina, lack of 1 punch ko's, and a few other things which all seem to be fixed. So far so good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »