Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: Patch Available on XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense
I humbly Disagree.....You can still stick in move, you just have to be in the pocket alittle bit more......You really only get penalized for constant back pedaling.......As for as it being a bodyfest, if people are throwing hooks and uppercuts to the body those are easy to counter.
I have to put in more fights to get the feeling for this. On one hand I can see it becoming a insider's game but at the same time if you can step counter they are in trouble. The jab doesn't seem to work effectively unless they are tired. I just don't know yet to say the patch is bad/good.

it's good in the sense that you pay for just throwing punches with no strategy but at the same time I am concerned the body shots are just to dominant.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Just had an awesome fight in OWC. Me and the guy both boxed. He threw a total of 639 punches with no power shots and I threw 451 with no power shots. I ended up knocking him out in the 10th. He was worn down zombie walking. It was refreshing to actually see someone trying to box.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanks the fans for helping destroy a beautiful boxing game..This game will now be traded for something else in the near future.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachozen1
thanks the fans for helping destroy a beautiful boxing game..This game will now be traded for something else in the near future.
A beautiful boxing game? Too much running or too much available stamina for this game to be declared "beautiful".

I so tired of online that I got my $23 for the game about three weeks ago. How is offline?

Amazon has the game for $39.99 for both consoles.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews
So I definitely think to this point, the patch is great. My biggest issue was stamina, lack of 1 punch ko's, and a few other things which all seem to be fixed. So far so good.
Good to see a CPU versus Human report. Sounds good so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachozen1
Destroy a Beauiful boxing game???? This game has had flaws since it came out....at least now there some balance.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

One thing online that is extremely noticable, is that the Top 100 fighters aren't nearly as good as they were before the patch.

Last edited by sense; 06-28-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

Guys, when you start the game, does it say that Update 1.02 is available for download?

I don't get that message I even tried to uninstalling patch 1.01 just to see if this did the trick - it did not!

Maybe it's because I'm in Europe. We tend to get things a little slower over here, but I couldn't do it on my fake US profile either!

Frustrating as hell! My wife is out tonight so I got plenty of time to some fights in and see how the patch works!

EDIT:
Nevermind - guess the patch is not out in Europe yet! *SIGH*
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7349033.page
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by kongemeier; 06-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »