Home

NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglory
This is great, but if the below average - average player ratings are still iffy it will only really be marginally different then what we already get.
Goalies not playing basically every game and the stars producing like they should barring injuries is already a huge change from past years.

Hopefully we got some tuning on the award logic too. It annoyed the hell out of me that goalies always won the Conn Smythe and a lot of times the Hart as well.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Rookie

MFarrer74's Arena

OVR: 2

Getting really excited for this game to come out. I hope it's as good as advertised.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm curious what the "big win" we have yet to hear about and will change how we play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Im guessing the big blog will come tomorrow. hopefully
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
Im guessing the big blog will come tomorrow. hopefully
Pretty sure it is. The community day guys said they were told to wait until then to post their thoughts/impressions on Be A GM because EA is posting a blog on that tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Another thing...if the new sim engine is based on the attributes and Ea generally has poor attribute ratings(according to fans), then the results will suck too right? That is... unless the big addition is updated attrributes through something like NBA Live had. After all that would be directly connected to the sim engine.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Another thing...if the new sim engine is based on the attributes and Ea generally has poor attribute ratings(according to fans), then the results will suck too right? That is... unless the big addition is updated attrributes through something like NBA Live had. After all that would be directly connected to the sim engine.
The ratings aren't terrible, it's just (IMO at least) they aren't stretched out enough to create a noticeable difference between stars and 4th liners.

But judging from the screenshots the results look pretty good. I'm also guessing either the results are scaled to the ratings they have (so that a forward in the low 70s produces like a bottom 6 forward, since usually low 70 OVR players tend to be those players) or they re-did their ratings like Donny Moore did in Madden 10.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
The ratings aren't terrible, it's just (IMO at least) they aren't stretched out enough to create a noticeable difference between stars and 4th liners.

But judging from the screenshots the results look pretty good. I'm also guessing either the results are scaled to the ratings they have (so that a forward in the low 70s produces like a bottom 6 forward, since usually low 70 OVR players tend to be those players) or they re-did their ratings like Donny Moore did in Madden 10.
Exactly, they need to make it so the superstars are in the 90s, the stars in the 80s the 3rd liners in the 70s and the 4th liners in the 60s, then all of the AHLers below that.

I wonder if the big change could be attribute changes during the season, like if you have a call up who is a 50 but start scoring a ton of goals, his rating could be raised to a 70 or 80 by the time the season is over or something to that affect

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »