Home

NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

They already have that, it's just not as drastic.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Lots of good info.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Great info! Thanks for posting!
I've been dying for a more realistic sim engine since 07. This is great news indeed!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

I've never been too bothered by player stats produced by the sim engine but I really hated seeing Detroit, Philly and Boston regularly miss the playoffs in year 1 (I don't mind if they fall off as the years go by) while teams like Florida, Edmonton and the Islanders were winning their division.

Hopefully this new sim engine is a big improvement. Everything sounds good but it can't be easy balancing these things.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Great info! Thanks for posting!
I've been dying for a more realistic sim engine since 07. This is great news indeed!
Hey Hank, think this could be the year finally or what? *keeping my fingers crossed*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Fantastic news. This is awesome!

I am hoping their other announcement will be that you can play out CHL seasons. Not that I would do that, but I would love to see who the leading scorer is in the QMJHL, WHL, OHL, who wins the Memorial Cup, etc.

If EA covers these next two things, this game will be everything I've been asking for since I was 12 years old.

1) Allow the user total control over jersey numbers and captaincies. Or at least have the CPU better regulate them (retired jersey numbers, correct captains after being resigned, etc.)

2) Allow draft picks to progress quicker and have busts and diamonds in the ruff. Should be baseed (somewhat) on how they do in the CHL (statistically).

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Goalies not playing basically every game and the stars producing like they should barring injuries is already a huge change from past years.

Hopefully we got some tuning on the award logic too. It annoyed the hell out of me that goalies always won the Conn Smythe and a lot of times the Hart as well.
YES! Me too. I won the Cup with the Hawks and Toews was the clear winner, but low and behold, Turco was given the award. Even though I pulled him twice in the Stanley Cup Final.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Fantastic news. This is awesome!

I am hoping their other announcement will be that you can play out CHL seasons. Not that I would do that, but I would love to see who the leading scorer is in the QMJHL, WHL, OHL, who wins the Memorial Cup, etc.

If EA covers these next two things, this game will be everything I've been asking for since I was 12 years old.

1) Allow the user total control over jersey numbers and captaincies. Or at least have the CPU better regulate them (retired jersey numbers, correct captains after being resigned, etc.)

2) Allow draft picks to progress quicker and have busts and diamonds in the ruff. Should be baseed (somewhat) on how they do in the CHL (statistically).
This is a good point.

Considering they mentioned simming games with any team in any league, maybe we can now look at the stats players in the draft put up and also follow junior players that will be entering the draft in future years. So maybe if you see some young player in the CHL consistently be a goal-scoring machine, you put more effort into scouting him and trying to draft him. Also the fact that the sim engine seems like it's going to be less random and more a result of attributes means that that prospect putting up a ton of goals will actually be a sniper and not some 3rd line grinder.

One other thing I hope that gets covered with this sim engine improvement is the statistical history of every player. It's annoying that you can only see about 3-5 of a player's past seasons, even if it's someone like Daniel Alfredsson or Nick Lidstrom who have been in the league for a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »