Home

NHL 12 Video - Full Contact Physics Engine

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Full Contact Physics Engine within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 12 Trailer - Break the Glass with Massive Checks

I'm sure the balance of all of this will be fine. Players falling to their knees and shooting, batting pucks out of the air, broken sticks and all of those little things were well-balanced in the past.

The hits looked pretty cool, especially the Burrows one into the boards where he lost his helmet. But the glass actually breaking looks terrible. I like that they added it, but the actual look of it breaking isn't good.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 12 Trailer - Break the Glass with Massive Checks (IGN)

Obviously it's pretty tough to tell from a 30-45 second teaser video but if I had to guess, I would say the presentation is gonna be a lot like last year and the year before that (and the year before that). Like I said I'm just guessing but it just doesn't seem like presentation is a priority for the EA team. Please EA prove me wrong! But hey as long as the game plays smooth and the gameplay is great, I won't be complaining. It'd just be nice to have that little extra polish.
Dallas Mavericks
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Looks like I'll be setting the broken glass to 0. I don't hate the fact that broken glass is in the game, you can turn it off if you don't like it. What I do hate is that broken glass is treated like A MAIN FEATURE!

Really? They're going to sell the game on that? I want more news on presentation, and that shot tracker crap better not be their "presentation overhaul"
While I love seeing games improve, and I do wanna finally buy an NHL game this gen, I need the hands-on feel of the game to get better. I started off on the Genesis with this game and bought at least one game each gen but this gen, after playing EACH demo, it's been hard to get me to pull the trigger becuz of the feel of the game not progressing, to me. I'll see what this year's demo brings...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 30
Jattbreed - Didn't mean to quote u. Musta press the quote button for ur comment on my phone screen by mistake when scrolling thru the comments...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the "total user control" they mention and and just after show a guy batting the puck in the air.
I hope that means that we can now actually (try to) hit the puck mid air.

In NHL11 those are just on autopilot. You wanna hit the puck mid air, don't touch the controller and the game will try and do it for you.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like these couple new animations what I saw:

- Players dragging their leg to avoid offsides
- Shooting from one knee down
- At the end of video where Bruins player dekes goalie and "just puts it in the net".

There's probably slider for broken glasses just like stick breaking so I don't worry it to be overexaggerated. Hitting and aggressions sliders also affect this. And I really hope that if you crash the goalie you will get penalty and/or suspension for doing it.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 12 Trailer - Break the Glass with Massive Checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I'm sure the balance of all of this will be fine. Players falling to their knees and shooting, batting pucks out of the air, broken sticks and all of those little things were well-balanced in the past.

The hits looked pretty cool, especially the Burrows one into the boards where he lost his helmet. But the glass actually breaking looks terrible. I like that they added it, but the actual look of it breaking isn't good.
Broken Sticks might have been balanced properly but dropping the stick was not. Guys with 2 hands on their stick drop it from a shove in the back, guys with the puck on their stick get it sticklifted out of their hands. I also think batting pucks out of the air isn't balanced properly because I can't control it. Can't tell you how many times I've watched a defender swat a loose puck right into the slot, or a forward with a wide open net try to swat the puck out of mid air instead of wait for it to settle and just shoot it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
i thought the NHL used Plexiglas (unbreakable glass)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »