Home

iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers

This is a discussion on iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers

In 2004, iRacing was founded by Dave Kaemmer and John Henry. The purpose was to create a driving simulator that would give a person at home the ability to feel and see what professional drivers do on the track. Mr. Henry is the owner of MLB’s Boston Red Sox and co-owner of Roush-Feway Racing. Mr. Kaemmer’s background comes from the video game side of things as he was the co-founder of the extremely successful developer Papyrus. Dave worked on and helped create such titles as Indianapolis 500, NASCAR 2003 and Grand Prix Legends.

Together this duo has helped create the premier online racing simulator known as iRacing. This simulator provides people at home the ability to drive such famous tracks as Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Daytona International, Circuit De Spa- Francorchamps and many more time-honored venues. They also provide over 25 official vehicles and include official licensing deals with such groups as NASCAR, IndyCar and F1. The vehicles are truly replicated by using real-world information and experience, and each and every track has been laser-scanned to provide the driver the feel of every little bump and blemish felt by the professionals.

I recently had a chance to sit down with Steve Myers of iRacing. Mr. Myers played an integral part in developing and securing the track and vehicle licenses that iRacing now provides for its members.

(And for those who read the entire interview, there is a little treat at the end.)

Read More - iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
I really have enjoyed the last 2 weeks of racing online.
-There have been some hit and misses in some of the hosted rooms but that's to be expected.
-The online code still needs some improvement but all in all I'm very impressed with how 2.0 Nationwide cars handle.

I would absolutely recommend this sim to race game fans... but as a rookie, be prepared to find yourself being mediocre (at best) since most guys on iRacing are for the most part hardcore.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers

For anyone who is interested about trying iRacing free for 1 month, please just pm me your email, and I will relay it to Steve Myers at iRacing.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18
The new tire model is really good imo, people just need to learn how to drive it.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Good article, Steve is a cool guy, along with all the other staff members there. iRacing is just an amazing game/service/tool and it has changed so much since 08, hope to see a few more OS members over there, and get a good OS Series going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
I've been off and on with iRacing for over 2 years now, it's really a great simulation and service as a whole. Steve's comment about looking at iRacing as more of a hobby than just a "racing game" is spot-on.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: iRacing 2.0 Discussion With Developer Steve Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
I've been off and on with iRacing for over 2 years now, it's really a great simulation and service as a whole. Steve's comment about looking at iRacing as more of a hobby than just a "racing game" is spot-on.
I would 100% agree with this. Before I joined, I assumed it was just that...a game. I couldn't be happier that it truly is not a game, but rather a great simulator and incredibly fun hobby. His comments about the community aspect were spot on, as I have met some awesome guys through iRacing.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
The reason I am afraid of joining is the fact that it doesn't seem to appeal to the average fan. I would love to jump in and drive a reasonably easy car that is already set-up decent for me without having to go through all that... I know that's what some people enjoy but I feel they are missing those group of racers. I love to race and love racing games but I would like to hop in and have my car be steady and really have to WORK to wreck someone. If I am wrong, please tell me. This is the only reason I haven't joined up is because I don't have time to spend on set-ups to become a great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »