Home

Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Hankerson is good but 75 is almost Julio Jones/AJ Green good and Hankerson is not that good. I would put Cobb and Little above Hankerson.
I'm fine with Julio and A.J. being rated higher.. And I like Greg Little.l He's one hell of a receiver and I'm sure he'll do fine in the league. Whether he's better than Hankerson is debatable..

I definitely know for sure Hankerson is a better WR than Randall Cobb though... Cobb is more of a Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush "do it all" type player than he is a WR.. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have their speed or elusiveness.. I'm sure he'll put up decent #'s in GB since that offense is sooo stacked.. Guarantee he won't put up #'s anywhere near close to what Hankerson and Little do during their career...
Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
Hankerson should be like a 75..

His senior year and senior bowl performance showed pretty convincingly that he was one of(if no the) best WR of the draft.. Shocked he fell so low in the draft, but thankful he did.. Julio and AJ green definitely had more hype coming into the draft, so I'm fine with them being rated higher for now.. No one else should be though

His spectacular catch rating better be pretty high
This, he is correct. Being a ACC football fan I got to see tons of Mr. Hankerson and let me say I think he will be better then both Jones and Green. Bold statement yes, but after seeing this guy and what he was able to put together at Miami, I know his the best receiver in the draft and will have the best stats out of these three guys.

Edit: This guy also broke all kinds of records at Miami; he had 13 TD's in 2010 breaking Michael Irvin's record and the first to have 2,000 yards for a career and 1,000 yards in a season and also Owns single-season receiving totals in UM history with 1,156, passing Andre Johnson (2002-1,092)

Pretty good names to be mentioned with if you ask me.

Last edited by ROSStafarian; 07-20-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Haha I think you have b****** about every rating coming out that pertains to the Redskins. There is NO WAY he should have convinced you that he is the best WR of the draft. I am very sure that if he wasn't a Redskin you wouldn't have such a huge man crush for him. Geez some of the homers on here amaze me...
You're right.. I have... It's not like it's unwarranted though.. Let someone else take up the torch for the other 31 teams and I'll continue to make the case for my Skins..

It's not like I'm delusional though.. I understand that the Skins are not one of the better teams in the league, and for now, I'm fine with that.. However, we did have one of the best drafts of any team, a fact that has not been illustrated in the rookies' ratings released thus far.

If Laron Landry, Cooley, Orakpo, London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall aren't given the proper respect when their respective ratings are released, I'll be back on the board complaining again.. I'm only calling it like I see.. We're grossly underrated each year and it would be nice if that wasn't the case in '12..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
This, he is correct. Being a ACC football fan I got to see tons of Mr. Hankerson and let me say I think he will be better then both Jones and Green. Bold statement yes, but after seeing this guy and what he was able to put together at Miami, I know his the best receiver in the draft and will have the best stats out of these three guys.
Quote:
Hankerson should be like a 75..

His senior year and senior bowl performance showed pretty convincingly that he was one of(if no the) best WR of the draft.. Shocked he fell so low in the draft, but thankful he did.. Julio and AJ green definitely had more hype coming into the draft, so I'm fine with them being rated higher for now.. No one else should be though

His spectacular catch rating better be pretty high
Fellow ACC football fan here, and Hankerson isn't nearly the athletic specimen that either Green or Jones are, not to mention he wasn't nearly as productive in college as either Jones or Green. There's a reason those two both went much higher in the draft (and thus why they are both rated higher in Madden), and it's not because 31 of the 32 NFL franchises' draft staffs, as well as Donny Moore (who does the ratings for Madden), are idiots.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
Rookie

MDTerps94's Arena

OVR: 2
wow chooe you say he isnt nearly as athletic speciman. really do some research dude. Hankerson has 11 inch hands from bottom to top of middle finger. THe biggest in rookie class and biggest in nfl. He is definately going to be better than julio. green is very good i could see him being better. I am an ACC and Redskins fan. I could see Hankerson being a 70 or 71 that would have been more fair. Also his spec ctch should be in high 80s at least. Go look at some video of him. Only problem so far was that roy helu wasnt on top 10 rookie HBs. That really dissapointed me.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You're right.. I have... It's not like it's unwarranted though.. Let someone else take up the torch for the other 31 teams and I'll continue to make the case for my Skins..

It's not like I'm delusional though.. I understand that the Skins are not one of the better teams in the league, and for now, I'm fine with that.. However, we did have one of the best drafts of any team, a fact that has not been illustrated in the rookies' ratings released thus far.

If Laron Landry, Cooley, Orakpo, London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall aren't given the proper respect when their respective ratings are released, I'll be back on the board complaining again.. I'm only calling it like I see.. We're grossly underrated each year and it would be nice if that wasn't the case in '12..

Ok I can respect that. I think I'm in the same boat with some of the players on the Bills so I can see where some of it comes from. FWIW they just announced team overalls in the AFC East and the Bills have a 73 overall (only 2 more overall points than where they finished last season). Now it's my turn to be pissed haha
Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Redskins have been underrated for a long time. Even the playoff teams of 05 and 07.

Madden 11 ratings that are complete BS

Brandon Banks- Speed = 96 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG_Xx8f7YI

Mike Sellers- Trucking = 86 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWIBUbRD-I

London Fletcher- Hit Power = 88 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh16xeNihDY&feature=related

If Hankerson was not a Redskins, theres not doubt that he would be higher on that list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTerps94
wow chooe you say he isnt nearly as athletic speciman. really do some research dude. Hankerson has 11 inch hands from bottom to top of middle finger. THe biggest in rookie class and biggest in nfl. He is definately going to be better than julio. green is very good i could see him being better. I am an ACC and Redskins fan. I could see Hankerson being a 70 or 71 that would have been more fair. Also his spec ctch should be in high 80s at least. Go look at some video of him. Only problem so far was that roy helu wasnt on top 10 rookie HBs. That really dissapointed me.
What exactly does this have to do with athleticism?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »