Home

Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
You're right.. I have... It's not like it's unwarranted though.. Let someone else take up the torch for the other 31 teams and I'll continue to make the case for my Skins..

It's not like I'm delusional though.. I understand that the Skins are not one of the better teams in the league, and for now, I'm fine with that.. However, we did have one of the best drafts of any team, a fact that has not been illustrated in the rookies' ratings released thus far.

If Laron Landry, Cooley, Orakpo, London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall aren't given the proper respect when their respective ratings are released, I'll be back on the board complaining again.. I'm only calling it like I see.. We're grossly underrated each year and it would be nice if that wasn't the case in '12..
Deangelo Hall is not good. I like Landry, Orakpo and Fletcher, they're 88-90 type players. Cooley is not an elite TE. He's good.

How is a team that has been bottom third in the league underrated?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp240
The Redskins have been underrated for a long time. Even the playoff teams of 05 and 07.

Madden 11 ratings that are complete BS

Brandon Banks- Speed = 96 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG_Xx8f7YI

Mike Sellers- Trucking = 86 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWIBUbRD-I

London Fletcher- Hit Power = 88 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh16xeNihDY&feature=related

If Hankerson was not a Redskins, theres not doubt that he would be higher on that list.
Hankerson - Career Receiving: 134 Rec, 2160 Yds, 16.1 Avg, 22 TD

Jones - Career Receiving: 179 Rec, 2653 Yds, 14.8 Avg, 15 TD

Green - Career Receiving: 166 Rec, 2619 Yds, 15.8 Avg, 23 TD
Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

Quote:
If Hankerson was not a Redskins, theres not doubt that he would be higher on that list.
That is your opinion, though I do see where it comes from. Every time I see Eagles draft stuff on TV, they talk about Casey Matthews being a reach pick...but I know if the Giants had picked him, they would have been giving the pick an A++ grade. Hankerson isn't bad, but he's an unproven rookie. I don't like seeing guys get past 75 as their original OVR, because there's no basis. Everybody starts back at 0 as a rookie.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Hankerson - Career Receiving: 134 Rec, 2160 Yds, 16.1 Avg, 22 TD

Jones - Career Receiving: 179 Rec, 2653 Yds, 14.8 Avg, 15 TD

Green - Career Receiving: 166 Rec, 2619 Yds, 15.8 Avg, 23 TD
There is so much wrong with comparing players' college stats.

Freddie Barnes had 140 rec just in 2009. He's probably better than all of those guys.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Deangelo Hall is not good. I like Landry, Orakpo and Fletcher, they're 88-90 type players. Cooley is not an elite TE. He's good.

How is a team that has been bottom third in the league underrated?
Landry isn't good either (http://youtu.be/kKWqYBB7oqo)

Cooley is far past his 'prime'

DeAngelo Halls madden rating is super inflated simply because he had some interceptions, but interceptions are everything. He was top 3 for yards, catches and touchdowns given up by a defensive back with enough reps to qualify.

What's the original poster gonna ask for next, Rex Grossman to have a boost?. . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09

DeAngelo Halls madden rating is super inflated simply because he had some interceptions, but interceptions are everything. He was top 3 for yards, catches and touchdowns given up by a defensive back with enough reps to qualify.

What's the original poster gonna ask for next, Rex Grossman to have a boost?. . . .
Landry isn't good? Cooley isn't far past his prime... probably still deserves at least an 85 rating.

Also, you guys might be forgetting the signing of Atogwe... probably the most underrated free agent signing this year. Him and Landry are going to be a mighty good safety combo.

edit: Just watched the video. Good link and good argument against Landry. I still think the guy is pretty good (probably will be overrated in Madden) but he still probably deserves at least an 87 or something around there.

double edit: that video was uploaded in March 2010... last season was really the season Landry broke out on a pro bowl level. Landry is still good in my book and deserves a rating of 87-90.

Last edited by angels eclipse7; 07-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #23
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09

Can you post a link or some proof of this? I heard he was a hit or miss in coverage but I never found the stats to back that up
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Can you post a link or some proof of this? I heard he was a hit or miss in coverage but I never found the stats to back that up
I don't have the link either, but I think I have heard this verified many times. Still, the guy is a playmaker and a pro bowler.... I don't think he should be too good or too bad. It's kind of tough because on one end the guy has a great rep and is considered an all pro and on the other level, the stats show that he is absolutely terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »