Home

NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Possible roster glitch

He doesn't run nearly as much as he did with the default non named rosters. He isn't the only one, all the scramblers are that way with named rosters and the balanced QB don't run at all.

Some thing is wrong with NCAA 12 database tables. Stuff shouldn't be effected just because you named the players. But it definitely seemed to have effect the game play AI.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He doesn't run nearly as much as he did with the default non named rosters. He isn't the only one, all the scramblers are that way with named rosters and the balanced QB don't run at all.

Some thing is wrong with NCAA 12 database tables. Stuff shouldn't be effected just because you named the players. But it definitely seemed to have effect the game play AI.
Here I am itching to get off work and I play and I see this. This saps any desire to play now, I could always play without names, but this "either/or" gamestyle is very disheartening.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I looked at Gator's and Gaming tailgates and he was balanced on both. Even though as others said if you look at the tendency it says scambler. I guess I may be plaiyng without names. I wonder what else it affects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I looked at Gator's and Gaming tailgates and he was balanced on both. Even though as others said if you look at the tendency it says scambler. I guess I may be plaiyng without names. I wonder what else it affects?
I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.
God, I hate to say it, but that constitutes a broken game. Man, this is incredibly disappointing.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
God, I hate to say it, but that constitutes a broken game. Man, this is incredibly disappointing.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...calm down. I'm not seeing as big of a difference as others. I still see QBs scramble, I still see the CPU returning kicks deep down-field. I'm using named rosters from the OS community. Just because a handful of people are seeing something doesn't mean the game is broken.

Just last night a CPU QB from Missouri ran for 80 yards against me on scrambles.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

That's like saying just because your console didn't freeze, then there is only a handful of consoles froze with the game. Which is far from the case since there is an EA engineer on this board now just for that problem alone. So it ismore then just a handful of people.

Is the game broken ? No

Is there a big difference between how the cpu AI plays with named rosters and non named rosters ? YES

I mean the OP wasn't the 1st person to bring this up. This been brought up on various websites for the past week now. It is an issue.

Game killer ? No

But it is an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
That's like saying just because your console didn't freeze, then there is only a handful of consoles froze with the game. Which is far from the case since there is an EA engineer on this board now just for that problem alone. So it ismore then just a handful of people.

Is the game broken ? No

Is there a big difference between how the cpu AI plays with named rosters and non named rosters ? YES

I mean the OP wasn't the 1st person to bring this up. This been brought up on various websites for the past week now. It is an issue.

Game killer ? No

But it is an issue.
It's not like that at all. Personally, I don't think this is as big of a deal as others. The game plays fine to me and I wouldn't even notice this problem if someone didn't point it out. Which means the game isn't "broken", which is what I was trying to get across. The person I was replying to was acting like the world was coming to an end. I was attempting to reassure them that the game still plays great and there's no need for chicken little to make an appearance.

Is it an issue? Yea, it probably is for some people and it should be corrected, but the game isn't "broken" and it's far from it. That is what I poorly tried to get across in my previous post.

Sorry if you took it like I was saying you were wrong. I didn't mean that at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »