Home

Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Ten Linebackers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Ten Linebackers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Ten Linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
any moron knows that Bruce Carter and Mason Foster were about 10 times better than Casey Matthews.

So being related to Clay makes Casey a better player?

GTFOH Donny Moore. You are an imbecile!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Casey is too high... Delete the last name then Re-evaluate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Unfortunately, there is no ILB designation on the depth chart. The second ILB in Madden is the backup MLB. Carter, I believe, was listed as an OLB coming out because of the 4-3 he played in at Carolina. I'm hoping this has something to do with him being rated this low because he presumably doesn't project well as a 3-4 OLB -- I really do hope that's the case. I really do hope there's something I'm not seeing that's the reason behind him being so far behind someone like Casey Matthews, because I'm not feeling any of the ratings so far.
You all realize that roster updates will clear this up, correct? The best players will progress, the others will decline or stay the same. I do feel he is overrated, but as an Eagles fan I'm going to cautiously look the other way on this one. If you don't agree with the ratings, you can change them (obviously offline only), but I highly doubt you'll have to gameplan online for Casey Matthews.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

well, the starting point for a players OVR can hinder their rating as the season goes along.

Mike Williams started last year as a 67OVR. He had to put up almost a 1000, yards and 11 TDs to get to a low 80sOVR. He was of the biggest increases in OVRs in Madden history. Only problem is most of the season he was average because it took the entire year for him to reach that point.

lets say Donte Moch who we know is below a 67OVR plays really good the first couple games and gets 2pt increase. then he goes on to have a good year overall and ends up a 70 OVR at the end of the year. Now lets say Matthews plays a back up role all year and does a little hear or there and hes still a 71. Now one guys is somewhat proven and has production, but is still rated lower than a guy riding the bench and playing STs.

Thats my problem with some of the good players being snubbed and some crappy players being over valued. Yeah theyll be updated, but the difference will still be there unless someone plays lights out all year.

I also realized Nate Irving didnt get in this group and hes right there with Moch and Foster

Last edited by tatmanfish; 07-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS_OS
You all realize that roster updates will clear this up, correct? The best players will progress, the others will decline or stay the same. I do feel he is overrated, but as an Eagles fan I'm going to cautiously look the other way on this one. If you don't agree with the ratings, you can change them (obviously offline only), but I highly doubt you'll have to gameplan online for Casey Matthews.
Yeah, but where else can all of the future scouts (myself included) and homers (looking at you Redskins and Cowboys fans) come and discuss player ratings?

Edit: Let's not forget Bucs fans and their homerism.

Last edited by Palo20; 07-21-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm curious to see how Carter fits on there. Seems like a similar player to Bradie James. Brooking is already the thumper, I don't see Carter taking that spot. Carter is a fast, sideline to sideline type. He may just replace Brooking in passing downs to start off then eventually replace James as the tackling machine ILB.
He blew out his ACL, the same injury that sidelined Brady for a year. Carter won't see the field until mid season.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel like alot of the ratings are lower so that the dynamic performance will shine and make an impact. If you play as the eagles and casey struggles then his stats go down, if he thrives than they go up. this seems to be the same with a lot of the rookie ratings considering the rookies this year seem (to me) to be lower rated than last years.

My thoughts are that rookies will probably have huge (or bloated) potential compared to overall and that their consistancies will be lower so that you really see an impact in how they play as the season goes on.

id like to mention that im a seahawks fan, so the way these ratings look makes me think carpenter will be 65 or so overall which is disheartening at first but will allow more challenge in building him up in franchise along with the rest of the team!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphoenix42
I feel like alot of the ratings are lower so that the dynamic performance will shine and make an impact. If you play as the eagles and casey struggles then his stats go down, if he thrives than they go up. this seems to be the same with a lot of the rookie ratings considering the rookies this year seem (to me) to be lower rated than last years.

My thoughts are that rookies will probably have huge (or bloated) potential compared to overall and that their consistancies will be lower so that you really see an impact in how they play as the season goes on.

id like to mention that im a seahawks fan, so the way these ratings look makes me think carpenter will be 65 or so overall which is disheartening at first but will allow more challenge in building him up in franchise along with the rest of the team!
Exactly. I feel as if they're also rated for "nfl readiness" rather than the ability to potentially be good, eventually.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #23
MVP

infemous's Arena

The issue about roster updates is that Donny manages to mess those up too. One great game, give him a boost! stinks for 5 games, reduce him a little bit. Then the league gets saturated by great players and rookies should seldom get ovr boosts, and should just be rated on the talent they had coming out of college. Any idiot knows that Casey Matthews sucked, especially in comparison to other pure 4-3 OLBs like Carter, Foster even Ayers (and I don't rate him either) The fact he was drafted so late is an example of this.

Who can seriously trust a dude who made JJ Watt an 80 OVR, Prince Amukamara an 81 OVR, put Dareus as an 82 and joint best rook coming in, when everyone knows that before a snap is played to prove otherwise, that in terms of prospect, Pat Peterson is number one, AJ Green is number one and a half, Von Miller is three and Dareus is four. So why is JJ Watt up there with guys like AJ Green?

Inexcusable that this guy routinely messes up ratings, and not only the useless OVRs, but the more important individual attributes. Who else thinks Donny will see Rodgers' size and agility and make him a 90+ speed back?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Exactly. I feel as if they're also rated for "nfl readiness" rather than the ability to potentially be good, eventually.
You give this idiot too much credit. He wouldn't know NFL Ready if it slapped him across the face a million times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »