Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here

The NASCAR The Game 2011 patch is available now. Race a few laps and post your impressions here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I got it this morning, I ran a few laps in a race at Vegas, the AI seemed to react alot different when you make contact with them, they feel a bit more stuck to the track, but still a bit easier to get loose (hard to explain) which was nice, and I didnt notice them slamming on their brakes coming out of the corners. I caused a wreck that in the past wouldn't lead to a yellow, and I got a caution. So far on 3 minor things, in 2 laps, I see some big improvements. So far so good, but to be fair, like I said I just ran about 2 laps. However now I got to go to work, so going to rely on some of you guys today for your impressions. I didn't seem to see the DLC anywhere though, I thought it was supposed to be released at the same time?

edit: In my quick few minutes with the patch it seemed ok, but reading some reviews after the patch from others playing it on the Eutechnyx forums, people aren't very impressed at all. I'm a bit concerned now, I hadn't played the game in a few months up until the quick few minutes this morning, so maybe that's why I thought I noticed things being "better" . On their forums though, there's an awful lot of people being negative I feel, just for fun to bash Eutechnyx. Hopefully some members here can run a few laps today and give some feedback

Last edited by brandon27; 07-22-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah, I saw that on their forums as well. The general consensus seems to be that offline is improved and most are currently having difficulty online which is where most of the bashing is coming from. Apparently, however, DaveT says that online will remain unstable until EVERYONE has the patch. Apparently, there were reports of people being online in the game when the patch came out so they hadn't downloaded it yet playing against those who had which has made for some bad results.

I have to wait for the PS3 and I play mostly offline so I have to wait and see myself.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I am waiting for the PS3 patch but I just did a bunch of reading over at Eutechnyx's forums to see their impressions of the game with the patch. Let's put it this way, so far it is not shaping up too well as many of the issues are still in the game. Some fixed others not so much. Online is a problem as Dave said some are still playing the game without the patch. I would have to believe those who were online when the patch dropped are no longer on but I could be wrong.

DLC has not been released yet.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

AI cars getting on and off pit road with no issues under green.

Nice to read that from their forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I raced a 2 40 lappers at Kentucky with a controller, and did one on hard, and one on very hard.

Race 1 hard

Pros

I did notice the cars were easier to spin out, and a caution flew every time it should have. The damage does look better overall, and I also saw AI cars taking all different types of lines.

Cons

There still seems to be a small pack of cars that slow down a decent amount at the bottom of the front stretch. I also lapped the whole field in 40 laps and was extremely easily...so hard--ain't so hard.

Race 2
Kentucky-very hard

Started in the back of the pack again, but this time on very hard, and with a controller again.

Pros

:I saw a top 10 finish of guys like Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, and People like Jennifer Jo Cobb, and Robby Gordon in the back of the pack.

:On very hard there is a noticeable difference in the difficulty, but I could still pass if I worked my lines.

:Got spun out into the pits, and...boom...no black flag for speeding

:Was able to work my through the field and finish 12th, and there was 7 cautions, and all were legit, and had the yellow drop

:AI cars were stable, but still felt like they could be spun out just as easily as a human car.

The final 20 laps of this race was the best time I have ever had with this title. I had climbed my way into the top 20, and the field was spread out a little. I had a chance to just race and focus on my lines. I was able to pass cars in a legit fashion, and even had a couple return the favor.

Cons

:Still a pack of three or four slow-*** cars at the bottom of the front stretch.

:Draft is still too strong, and allows manipulation of it.

So with about 80 laps under my belt with the new patch, I am impressed, but not blown away by any stretch. It seems that cautions work, AI takes different lines, black flags are fixed...

But still instances of cars being too slow, and abruptly breaking. This was huge one for me, because it truly is the factor that corrupts the flow of the race. Every good race has a nice rhythm of flow to it, and these quick break-checks(while better) have a way of stripping that rhythm away.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 07-22-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Just read those who raced against others with the patch online went much better. Still a few issues but it sounds very positive!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Blue~ can you go to one of the short tracks and see how the game plays with the patch? Just curious if that mess with the lights, cautions, pits is all resolved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »