Home

Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey

This is a discussion on Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
I think EA should bring back the women's boxing also for the next installment. I wonder why they took that out in the first place.
i'd rather them get the men's side down before working on women's. I'm a huge boxing fan and i can't name you 3 women's boxers. Women boxers aren't going to sell any more copies of this game and itd be a feature that is very rarely used so why bother wasting time and resources on something like this?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Honestly, if they need to ask - then they are kinda far off..
Old 07-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
It's pretty easy, copy Ippo's: Victorious Road for their career mode.. We need diet training and the such.. Tell then they are just missing the punch..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'd rather them get the men's side down before working on women's. I'm a huge boxing fan and i can't name you 3 women's boxers. Women boxers aren't going to sell any more copies of this game and itd be a feature that is very rarely used so why bother wasting time and resources on something like this?
I understand what you are saying about getting men side together first, but I think the Champion Mode kept the game from being a great overall game.
There are plenty women boxers out there they can use. Women boxing is going to be a part of the olympics next year.
Knockout Kings 2001 had women boxers and Laila Ali, Ann Wolfe, and Lucia Rijker. George Foreman and Joe Frazier had daughters who boxed.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I want the cutman mini-game in between rounds back.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I want the cutman mini-game in between rounds back.
Yuck. Just sayin...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm dying for a deep career mode. No more cinematic junk. Just give me a deep and robust Legacy Mode.
And with that, I don't want to see more attribute grinding. It's been said 1000x already but fighters like Tyson, Ali, Floyd, etc started off with very impressive skills.
They didn't start at 50 speed, or 62 power and build it up. They had those skills to start with.

As you move up the ladder the CPU needs to have more skills and more smarts.

I'm done talking about this though. It'll never happen. But I thought I'd bring it up one more time in case someone wanted to make a realistic career mode in a boxing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #16

OVR: 34

I keep seeing great suggestions and keep thinking, "But they had that opportunity with FNC." It all comes down to the philosophy of the developers and the pressure of EA Corporate. At one point we thought because the game was an "every two year" release, we thought we'd see a little more polish. That simply didn't happen.

This game sold for $60.00 and freezes like it's EA first attempt at putting a game on a next-gen console, and two patches later...it still freezes. So now we have another year of wishlists and hopes for the Fight Night franchise, but game as it is now can't even function properly. I won't even get into the mystery of why cuts and swelling, one of the talkig points of FNC, is gone.

But they had their chance. Yet, they went in another direction. They took their time and resources and focused on Champion mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »