Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo Details and Release Date Coming July 26th, 7 PM EST

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo Details and Release Date Coming July 26th, 7 PM EST within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo Details and Release Date Coming July 26th, 7 PM EST

Do you get to unlock anything like the NCAA has been doing with jerseys the last few demos?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can't wait!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Not necessarily. I think they try to select teams that tie into the features they want to highlight in that given year. Last year it was the Colts vs. Jets in the new Meadowlands. The year before that, along with the Super Bowl participants, they also had the Cowboys vs. Giants with Pro Tak. The year before that they were introducing Madden Moments, so it was Pats/Giants in the Super Bowl's final drive.

I could see the Packers this year because of their profile, but if you want to highlight presentation and lack of suctioning I can also see the Falcons, Bears, Eagles, with an outside chance of the Browns, Broncos... maybe the Bucs, but probably not.
Bad enough that Rodgers wasn't on the cover after coming out of the Shadow of Favre and winning the Super Bowl, if the Packers aren't in the demo then someone at EA has it out for them.

Either Packers vs Steelers or Packers vs Bears are huge match-ups that could be a great showcase of the history of the NFL.

Personally EA really dropped the ball with the Fans vote for the cover, it takes away from the special group that has been on the cover... but now I am getting into the the utter-disappointment that a mediocre RB (1 year wonder) got on the cover instead of a true super star of the NFL, heck at least throw the 12th man on there as its going to be the year of the fan after this lockout.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneak_it
Bad enough that Rodgers wasn't on the cover after coming out of the Shadow of Favre and winning the Super Bowl, if the Packers aren't in the demo then someone at EA has it out for them.

Either Packers vs Steelers or Packers vs Bears are huge match-ups that could be a great showcase of the history of the NFL.

Personally EA really dropped the ball with the Fans vote for the cover, it takes away from the special group that has been on the cover... but now I am getting into the the utter-disappointment that a mediocre RB (1 year wonder) got on the cover instead of a true super star of the NFL, heck at least throw the 12th man on there as its going to be the year of the fan after this lockout.
I hear ya'. I thought the fan poll thing was a joke from the beginning considering how limited it was -- no Clay Matthews as a choice? Come on. I was pulling for the 12th Man.

The more I think about it, though, the more I can see them trying to get Vick out there for people to play with. With is re-emergence, and trying to get casual fans stoked, it makes a lot of sense, especially with the way the Eagles played in prime time and the explosiveness of that offense. And I really don't want to see the Steelers again. I'd love to get hold the Packers in a true 5 minute qtr. demo to check out the new tackling, and defensive AI against one of the league's most potent offenses.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Anyone know if we're still on target for the demo release and other info?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #22
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

It'd be kinda cool to find out that this demo comes out next week. And that it features the Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm actually going to be at the event tomorrow. Half of the crowd will be receiving a free copy of Madden. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. If anything in particular happens at the event I'll be sure to keep you guys informed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »