Home

EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

This is a discussion on EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

Does anyone know what the salary cap is for Madden this year because in reality its $120m?

As for an updated roster, they have four weeks to get it done and most of the free agents will be signed by the end of this weekend. I seriously doubt that any major free agents will still be sitting around.

I am hoping that WR Terrell Owens will still be available in-game as a free agent because I want to bring him back to SF so he can retire a 49er.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I applaud them for this...not much they can do except offer a roster update
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

this roster thing sucks for those of us who refuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
To be honest we will mainly miss the following.
  • Madden rookies will continue to ask for salary and contract length based on old rules (so QB taken number 1 will be silly money), where as IRL they have to have 4 yr contract at x amount on the new scale set. (I think Cam is getting about £22m).
  • I think in madden you had no minimum salary spend so you could "sacrifice a year" to go big the following year. IRL its 90% you have to spend before season starts.
Hmm... apparently the new CBA has rookies being paid in pounds.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

i am kinda of surprised that they were not making a way to implement this stuff in. i would think if they have restricted free agents it would be as easy as changing part of the code for what year they become a RFA. The rookie scale i understand but with that being said cant they again change part of the code to lower how much the draft picks will ask for. I think that would be enough to appease most of us franchise die hards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
this roster thing sucks for those of us who refuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold.
You dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates. Gold is just so you can play online against others. As long as Xbox Live Free allows you to go online to download rosters and games off Xbox Live arcade, I'll be fine since I dont play online. Anyway, again, you dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
You dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates. Gold is just so you can play online against others. As long as Xbox Live Free allows you to go online to download rosters and games off Xbox Live arcade, I'll be fine since I dont play online. Anyway, again, you dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates.
unless they changed something, that's incorrect. last year after i cancelled my xbox live gold account, i was not able to download roster updates.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #24
Rookie

rlsimpson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
unless they changed something, that's incorrect. last year after i cancelled my xbox live gold account, i was not able to download roster updates.
Actually, Peter77733 is correct. I did not have gold but was able to download roster updates last year. I believe you do it by clickiing on "depth charts".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »