Home

Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - NFC North

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - NFC North within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #145
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - NFC North

Yeah it was really lucky that we had ryan grant, jermichael finley, morgan burnett, nick barnett, mike neal, just for a start, all get injured early in the season. Not to mention we lost Charles Woodson and Donald Driver very early in the Super Bowl, and yet we NEVER TRAILED in the game. Lucky...give me a break.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #146
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklar
Is the Vikings score with McNabb joining the team?
The way McNabb played in Washington, Minnesota's overall will probably go down after McNabb is added to the roster.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #147
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I meant no disrespect to THE GB Packers. They were lucky and had a lot of things go wrong for other teams, and themselves. I was just stating I love GB Packer fans after their team has success. Don't want to stray this topic away from what it was intended for, which was simply discussing the ratings of the NFC North and none others. Peace
Can you please state why you think the Packers were lucky? You throw out some weak excuse that David Akers singlehandedly won the Super Bowl for them. You give them backhanded compliments then follow that with thinly-veiled accusations of them being "lucky". Then, you go on to rip Packer fans for being fair-weather. I couldn't disagree with your post more. You obviously have some deep-seated issues with their fans and/or are jealous of the team's success. If you could further elaborate on your point, it would be much appreciated. If not, no one's going to take your opinion very seriously.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #148
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecktum
The way McNabb played in Washington, Minnesota's overall will probably go down after McNabb is added to the roster.
Actually, I would say McNabb might do ok in Minnesota. I think the offense in Minnesota, players in general is much better than in Washington. Also, the style of play fits McNabb, he won't have to be great, just not turn the ball over, which in league stats, he's the best player active at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
Yeah it was really lucky that we had ryan grant, jermichael finley, morgan burnett, nick barnett, mike neal, just for a start, all get injured early in the season. Not to mention we lost Charles Woodson and Donald Driver very early in the Super Bowl, and yet we NEVER TRAILED in the game. Lucky...give me a break.
I said the Packers had a lot of things go wrong. I'm not talking about injuries really. The Saints were the luckiest team in 2010, they won the Super Bowl, the Packers were in 2011 they wont the Super Bowl. It's how the game usually works, besides when the Patriots were undefeated and lost, although I can't say I watched many of their games so I don't know. The reason I say Minnesota, GB, and Chicago are all equal is that this division is so tough that, whoever get's off to a hot start could win it. I think having AP and a solid defense is enough to put Minnesota in the category, and without Brett Favre they could be "ok". The Bears have a good run game as well and one of the top defenses. And of course, the GB Packers are the NFL Champs. By no means do I ever say a team shouldn't have won, I just said they were lucky in some circumstances. Don't get me wrong, they battled through without doubt, the toughest series of injuries I've ever seen to win the league.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #149
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Actually, I would say McNabb might do ok in Minnesota. I think the offense in Minnesota, players in general is much better than in Washington. Also, the style of play fits McNabb, he won't have to be great, just not turn the ball over, which in league stats, he's the best player active at QB.

I said the Packers had a lot of things go wrong. I'm not talking about injuries really. The Saints were the luckiest team in 2010, they won the Super Bowl, the Packers were in 2011 they wont the Super Bowl. It's how the game usually works, besides when the Patriots were undefeated and lost, although I can't say I watched many of their games so I don't know. The reason I say Minnesota, GB, and Chicago are all equal is that this division is so tough that, whoever get's off to a hot start could win it. I think having AP and a solid defense is enough to put Minnesota in the category, and without Brett Favre they could be "ok". The Bears have a good run game as well and one of the top defenses. And of course, the GB Packers are the NFL Champs. By no means do I ever say a team shouldn't have won, I just said they were lucky in some circumstances. Don't get me wrong, they battled through without doubt, the toughest series of injuries I've ever seen to win the league.
Actually, you fired the first round by saying Packer fans were fair weather fans. Sorry, but that doesn't start you out on good ground when you have Packer fans that are die hard Packer fans. The wait list to get season tickets at Lambeau is more than 50 yrs. Are you going to call out Packer fans as fair weather fans knowing that. You don't know me and other die hard Packer fans here, so, I'm saying what you called us is very far-fetched.

You either bleed green and gold around here or you don't. There is no in-between.

Never said you disrespected the Packers team(you did zing them again though by calling them lucky), where we are coming from is you disrespected the fans.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #150
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, you fired the first round by saying Packer fans were fair weather fans. Sorry, but that doesn't start you out on good ground when you have Packer fans that are die hard Packer fans. The wait list to get season tickets at Lambeau is more than 50 yrs. Are you going to call out Packer fans as fair weather fans knowing that. You don't know me and other die hard Packer fans here, so, I'm saying what you called us is very far-fetched.

You either bleed green and gold around here or you don't. There is no in-between.

Never said you disrespected the Packers team(you did zing them again though by calling them lucky), where we are coming from is you disrespected the fans.
I actually do know a ton of Packer fans, of course die hard fans are not fair weather fans, I am a die hard Cubs fan and I still watch every game, all 9 innings no matter how bad it is. I do the same for my football and basketball teams. From the Packers fans I know, none of them could care less when the Packers are losing, only when their winning. My comment about Packer fans was actually fueled by Facebook, might have gotten me a little tied up because of some recent Facebook comments. Darn Facebook!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #151
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I actually do know a ton of Packer fans, of course die hard fans are not fair weather fans, I am a die hard Cubs fan and I still watch every game, all 9 innings no matter how bad it is. I do the same for my football and basketball teams. From the Packers fans I know, none of them could care less when the Packers are losing, only when their winning. My comment about Packer fans was actually fueled by Facebook, might have gotten me a little tied up because of some recent Facebook comments. Darn Facebook!
Alright, sounds good, at least know we know you were generalizing and not being specific.

To me, those aren't fans of the team and glad I don't know anyone like that.

Every sports team has casual fans or bandwagon fans, it's not just Packer fans. Especially, teams that win it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 0

Correction: looking for things to ARGUE about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »