Home

NHL 12 to Feature a Legendary Team?

This is a discussion on NHL 12 to Feature a Legendary Team? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Big Announcement = Legends of Hockey?

Just a quick thought, no Mario Lemieux in the legends team? You'd think any person finding out about a legends team would start off with "Gretzky, Lemieux etc..."

Excited to play with the oldies though. Hopefully they put in no CAP limit and I can then recreate the early 1990s.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #18
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Big Announcement = Legends of Hockey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
The big annoucement is, the demo is a gonna be a beta of the full game that we will be able to try out for free for a month until release to discover bugs and glitches and such. This way the team can better prepare for release with a patch and or tuner.
Great thought, Savoie!

It'd be great to have a real chance to catch some of the possible issues a month in advance.

I know it's a different studio and all...but dang!, all the issues the Ncaa gamers are dealing with is kinda scary. I'm sure hoping EA Canada puts out a game in better release day condition than Tiburon has so far this year.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 28
I would rather have classic teams. What happened to the NCAA teams that were supposed to be in this year?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #20
Rookie

jrtplaya21's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Just a quick thought, no Mario Lemieux in the legends team? You'd think any person finding out about a legends team would start off with "Gretzky, Lemieux etc..."

Excited to play with the oldies though. Hopefully they put in no CAP limit and I can then recreate the early 1990s.
It says Lemeiux's name at the top of the post....
Old 08-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 to Feature a Legendary Team?

Whats the point in a team full of legends? To play a game against in exhibition once or twice? Give us full classic rosters that are able to be used in season mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #22
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Lemieux Gretzky and Howe as my first line and Roy in the net. I'm still hoping for hasik to be in the game
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 12 to Feature a Legendary Team?

That's a terrible legendary team IMO. Why are there current NHL players on it. God forbid but they can get career ending injuries and they won't become legendary! Also the roster of players is just terrible. I mean only a few players are mentioned but I'm hoping for true legends (Bossy, Messier, Kurri, Bure, Fedorov, Steve Y, Shanahan....sorry these guys are from my era)
Old 08-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #24
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
Lemieux Gretzky and Howe as my first line and Roy in the net. I'm still hoping for hasik to be in the game
If i remember right, you can still bring Hasek over from his national team, or some European team. I'm pretty sure i remember bring him over as a free agent in my Be a GM in NHL 11 just to see him get picked up.
Granted he's not his old self.
Unless you were talking about something else, in which case, ignore me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »