Home

New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

This is a discussion on New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
So you still can't play against your friends' HUT teams in unranked games or something?

Lame if true.
Errrr, no you can definitely play against your friend's team now -- they already announced that quite some time ago I believe. (Or maybe that was just for Madden?) Again, sending the e-mail now.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

Madden 12 Ultimate Team added the "Play a Friend" feature this year.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Nice additions, but a bit underwhelming. I still look forward to playing a lot of this mode online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
One reason I did not like the HUT mode is because the game speed was at a slower pace than other modes and you could not adjust the speed.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
One reason I did not like the HUT mode is because the game speed was at a slower pace than other modes and you could not adjust the speed.
Actually, this is exact reason why I liked playing HUT.

For once you could win a faceoff back to your defensemen and not worry about having some ridiculously fast winger stick-lift your point man the second his stick touches the puck.

NHL 11's acceleration and agility physics are way off in the normal game. It was much less arcadey in HUT.

But I stopped playing HUT because you couldn't challenge friends, and the tournament modes didn't give you pucks or advance you in the bracket if the other guy quits on you.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-04-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Actually, this is exact reason why I liked playing HUT.

For once you could win a faceoff back to your defensemen and not worry about having some ridiculously fast winger stick-lift your point man the second his stick touches the puck.

NHL 11's acceleration and agility physics are way off in the normal game. It was much less arcadey in HUT.

But I stopped playing HUT because you couldn't challenge friends, and the tournament modes didn't give you pucks or advance you in the bracket if the other guy quit on you.
Yeah I hear you. All I do now is keep playing the one easy tournament where you get 2000 pucks for winning the tournament, so in the end you get about 3600 pucks in 4 games.. not bad.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #15
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Would it be possible to get a number breakdown on how many people play the HUT which was suppose to be the best thing in the world as far NHL Dev team was concern.

You have a BaP mode that was out 3 years ago, and that was spectacular but needed refining. Instead of making something solid, they left it out to dry and work on new modes.

Frankly, I would really like to see a comparison on BaP online (we're you can play with your BaP against friends or other guys BaP, while you play against the non-human control team offline against the CPU.) against the HUT.

I know it's just me, but HUT as been, from the get-go, a gimmy mode without no interest. Maybe I'm too old for liking the "collect cards" experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Would it be possible to get a number breakdown on how many people play the HUT which was suppose to be the best thing in the world as far NHL Dev team was concern.

You have a BaP mode that was out 3 years ago, and that was spectacular but needed refining. Instead of making something solid, they left it out to dry and work on new modes.

Frankly, I would really like to see a comparison on BaP online (we're you can play with your BaP against friends or other guys BaP, while you play against the non-human control team offline against the CPU.) against the HUT.

I know it's just me, but HUT as been, from the get-go, a gimmy mode without no interest. Maybe I'm too old for liking the "collect cards" experience.
I play both OTP online (what you're calling BaP) and HUT a tonnnnn.

I was like you in that I didn't think I'd like HUT, but once I got over my stringent policy about being anti-fantasyland, it grew on me.

Both modes are quite popular -- and they did add improvements to BaP this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »