Home

NHL 12 Blog - Presentation

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Blog - Presentation within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 12 Blog - Presentation

sounds good, but I need to know one thing

they keep mentioning how we will be able to see replays from every play in the game with the Action Tracker and that sounds awesome, but will these replays be longer this year? In NHL 11 they were all really short which in turn cut out most of the buildup (which is usually the most impressive part) towards the goal, save or hit that was featured.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #10
Rookie

DeconstruKt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 Presentation Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Yup. In all honesty though, there is just so much you can do before you can add anything else, but I agree some of this stuff they're calling "new" when it clearly isn't, is just stupid.

I just noticed a spelling mistake in my post "dome" is "done", just in case people were wondering.

Bought a new keyboard today, still trying to get used to it.

Another thing they removed that I enjoyed were the national anthems pregame + showing each goalie head to head with their respective stats.

Now it's just them skating in the rink, MAYBE showing one goalie and some random player from the other team, and the stats don't even stay on the screen long, it's like 2 seconds max, you don't even have time to read it.

I just miss that back in the day, comparing team stats head to head with goalies/star players, ect.. it felt more brodcast style back in 98-99 than it does now in 2011.

I can see NHL 2013 having that as a "new" feature.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
Th improvement to replays is a good thing but EA's NHL series needs a whole load of work on the broadcast presentation within this game. A decent broadcast camera is a start. I still find it baffling with NHL 11 whereby EA adopted a custom camera option in which you could alter the position of the camera to your preference in the top/down mode but didn't give the user the facility to make changes to the side cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #12
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeconstruKt
Another thing they removed that I enjoyed were the national anthems pregame + showing each goalie head to head with their respective stats.

Now it's just them skating in the rink, MAYBE showing one goalie and some random player from the other team, and the stats don't even stay on the screen long, it's like 2 seconds max, you don't even have time to read it.

I just miss that back in the day, comparing team stats head to head with goalies/star players, ect.. it felt more brodcast style back in 98-99 than it does now in 2011.

I can see NHL 2013 having that as a "new" feature.
I remember in NHL 2001 where they had the last few seconds of the national anthems then they would do both goalies and their stats and, like you said, look at players who were hot and such.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I love how they say broadcast presentation yet completely omit a broadcast like camera?

Top down is fine great i get it better for gameplay etc just like the top down we've been playing in madden for years and any respectable hockey game since. But i can not understand why(well i think i do ) there hasn't been an attempt at a broadcast camera.

the game is WATCHED from side view when we watch it on tv. In person that get tossed out the window because hockey looks good live from any angle just like soccer. but if i'm PLAYING it ON a TV I want it to look like a TV game...Nuff said. I've vented

Next year and thank goodness for season pass...
because this is def a try before i buy
I 2nd and 3rd that.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I remember in NHL 2001 where they had the last few seconds of the national anthems then they would do both goalies and their stats and, like you said, look at players who were hot and such.
The problem with NHL is that the game is now build toward online (EASHL, HUT, etc) and you can't have long intro and long breaks that will make the game last 50 minutes instead of 30.

For me, they should have an offline way to present the game and another one for online. Make people having the choice to live the experience of a full game with presentation and replays, tv-style intro, etc.

Like I said somewhere else here, the problem with that game is that there's too much in it, and they can't have everything polished as it should be. Not an excuse, but when you have to work on 10-12 different modes, you'll have priorities and will left things without touching them that much.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I 2nd and 3rd that.
Can't "like" this post enough. You want to be authentic to the sport, start with giving us an authentic broadcast camera!

Last edited by jaiman; 08-04-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 Blog - Presentation

Great news that the presentation will (hopefully) be better in NHL 12. Honestly, this is the most exciting news for me since I'm strictly an offline dynasty player and the games get boring about 30-40 games into your season.

Now regarding this quote from the blog:

Quote:
A system was developed to mimic how a real world broadcast team would work, looking at the current ‘story’ of the game and then at the player’s that have been the most influential in the outcome of that ‘story’ to that point.
I'm hoping that in Be a GM the presentation includes overlays representing stats from the 'story' of your season rather than the 'story' of that single game. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here, who knows. One thing that makes Be a GM get stale so quickly is the fact that you barely know you're playing in a season. It simply feels like you're playing a string of games that have no relation whatsoever. Simple stat overlays that show things like standings, top goal scorers/point leaders and other match-ups that are going on in your dynasty would go a long, long way in making the experience more immersive. If EA could do that, I may actually be able to make it through a full 82 game season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »