Home

NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #193
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Will all of the classic teams from 2k11 be in 2k12?
I think it's hard to say at this point. I've been wondering the same thing. My guess is some of the classic teams from 2K11 will return, but in an altered state. For instance, we could see what appeared to be the '88 Hawks (as opposed to the '90 Hawks) in the trailer. And it seems like it'd be more economical to perhaps eliminate the '90 Hawks in favor of the '88 team. Similarly, with the addition of the '94 Rockets, I've wondered if this meant a switch over to the '94 Knicks as well (as opposed to '95).

As for the rest of the squads, I hope they kept them around. I'd be bummed to see the Bad Boys not make the cut. I'm also wondering if all the Bulls teams will stick around, with the spotlight no longer being entirely on Michael Jordan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Hey how about some Bob Petit's St. Louis Hawks, Joe Fulks, Paul Arizin, Tom Gola's Philadelphia Warriors, Dolph Schayes' Syracuse Nationals, and Oscar Robertson and Jerry Lucas' Cincinatti Royals for some old old school teams besides the obvious Russell Celtics etc.?
I'm curious about the old old school teams as well. Though, when the idea of 15 legends was introduced, I'd be doubtful that Gola, Schayes, Fulks, Arizin, and Lucas fit the bill. They're all legends, but they're not the "marketable" type of legends I bet that will make this mode run. Robertson would fit the bill though. And with a possible mention of pre-shot clock days in an article, George Mikan wouldn't seem far off either.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-04-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #194
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4

The fact that the bad boys were big rivals against two of the three coverboys makes me think they will be in. Pistons and Celtics rivalry games are gonna be insane.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #195
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm curious about the old old school teams as well. Though, when the idea of 15 legends was introduced, I'd be doubtful that Gola, Schayes, Fulks, Arizin, and Lucas fit the bill. They're all legends, but they're not the "marketable" type of legends I bet that will make this mode run. Robertson would fit the bill though. And with a possible mention of pre-shot clock days in an article, George Mikan wouldn't seem far off either.
Yeah I know what you mean. I just tried to think of some of the great black and white teams and who were there center-pieces. I at least somewhat hope to see Bob Petit since he's pretty significant in Basketbsll history, meh we'll see. I'm salivating at the pretty much guaranteed possibility to play with Russell and doing those chase down blocks and horrible free throw shooting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #196
Rookie

boodahisthe1's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Has to be them!! Charles barkle better sign!!!!
What do we gotta do as fans to convince Charles Barkeley to Sign his rights over to 2k so he can be on the game..2k11 was one of the best basketball games i have ever played, but the Jordan challenge mode was incomplete by not having the 1993 finals (bulls vs suns)..they gotta have both barkely's too (76ers & Suns)....am i asking for too much
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #197
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

I know the PC Modders aregoing to have a field day with this game. I think it's time to upgrade mines.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #198
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

2K did it again! I wasn't going to buy a NBA game this year due to the lockout. I tend to not support leagues when they won't play the games. (NFL saved Madden's purchase for me by working the deal out in time) But now NBA 2k3 will be bought no matter what happens with the lockout. I really am not a huge NBA fan anymore anyway, but if you give the teams, players and even rules from a better era of the game and I'm in. Once I unlock the legends and historic teams, I'll just lockout the current league anyway. Thanks, 2k for expanding on a great idea from a year ago. I'm in.

Oh, and I do agree....GET THE 93 SUNS AND BARKLEY!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #199
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodahisthe1
What do we gotta do as fans to convince Charles Barkeley to Sign his rights over to 2k so he can be on the game..2k11 was one of the best basketball games i have ever played, but the Jordan challenge mode was incomplete by not having the 1993 finals (bulls vs suns)..they gotta have both barkely's too (76ers & Suns)....am i asking for too much
What we would have to do is start a fund raiser for his ego and have him run on a few miles so that we could model him correctly in the game lol jk.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #200
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12: The NBA's Greatest Mode

It'll be nice to see these games with actual historical broadcasts. I mean, it just never felt right playing in the 80s and seeing 21st century graphic overlays with dramatic replays. It should at least be an option to turn it on and off, I think.

The commentary would probably stay the same though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »