Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden Nfl 12 Eagles@Falcons 2nd Quarter

What do you guys think? All I know is I'm glad that they are giving us a new commentary engine starting next year.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

I agree that the commentary engine needs to be revamped big time...

What happened to all those stat banners everyone said looked so good. It seems like they only pop up after TD's.

It also looks like they got rid of the 2 Minute Warning Stat banners as well (I know they popped up too quick last year, but I like seeing team leaders or key players stats without having to go into the menu.

Im guessing they took out the QB comparison at halftime as well (something I liked, even though it should of been different players depending on what they have done)
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Showing updated stats below the score makes me very, very happy. I like that a lot.

As for gameplay, it's really impossible to judge until you actually play it yourself. As long as that's a faster setting in terms of player speed, I imagine I'll be totally fine with it.

Sadly the only thing I ever worry about anymore is 1) Game crashes and 2) Game crippling bugs that aren't caught and either take a while to be patched, or never are.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

I know next year is the year for commentary but dang you go several downs with out hearing any Color Commentary. Otherwise game looks great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the commentary would be better if there was some more back and forth between Gus and Chris Collinsworth, and the crowd was a little bit more amped up. All I can do is hope for better results next year in that dept.
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree that the commentary engine needs to be revamped big time...

What happened to all those stat banners everyone said looked so good. It seems like they only pop up after TD's.

It also looks like they got rid of the 2 Minute Warning Stat banners as well (I know they popped up too quick last year, but I like seeing team leaders or key players stats without having to go into the menu.

Im guessing they took out the QB comparison at halftime as well (something I liked, even though it should of been different players depending on what they have done)
Yeah I'm not really sure, I've seen quite a few E3 videos and they had way more banners and stat overlays popping up than this. This video seems a little less impressive presentation wise compared to other videos I have seen, but it's still pretty decent looking overall.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
I think the commentary would be better if there was some more back and forth between Gus and Chris Collinsworth, and the crowd was a little bit more amped up. All I can do is hope for better results next year in that dept.
I agree, but in the meantime as long as the gameplay feels good and I can enjoy playing the game and there's enough depth (Franchise,Superstar) to keep me busy I can wait another year for commentary. Eventually no matter what they do commentary will get old, but it would be nice to hear some fresh new lines and banter between Gus and Cris.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »