Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 05:29 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

The separate builds for each position is great. Just wish they'd reduce/disable pausing, and introduce a vote to kick system to stop the goalies who just step aside so their friends can rack up goals
Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Yeah no roster share sucks too. Another year of the shaft for PS3 users it seems.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #19
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
For once, no negative feedback from my part. I couldn't care less about HUT, but the EASHL. Multiple slots for positions, club hopping cool down, new tracking features. Sounds good.

Good job EA!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

The cool down period sounds awful

I'm in a team with 15 or so of us, and with the lack of multiple dressing rooms, we have to change teams if we have more than 6 people on

The only way they can rectify this is to bring back multiple dressing rooms, it's a must for EASHL
Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #21
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1
Everyone complaining about the "club hopping" rule, find a better team that has 6-8 regular guys so you're never left out and stay on that team. I played with a core group of 4 other guys last year and it was great. I hated club hoppers who joined our team for the playoffs or a few games and then left. At least now there's going to be some accountability and loyalty before simply joining a team without any thought given.

I want to see more stable teams that don't fall apart because of club hoppers always looking for something better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not liking the changes to OTP at all. I am very skeptical about the part where they said "This new Club Scouting screen will not cause any more pauses than a normal user would make."

I feel pausing needs to be removed from the mode completely. Let people check stats between periods and after the game. Not in the middle of the period.

The separate legend cards for goalies is also not cool. I like to play goalie once in a while, but now I'm going to be at a significant stat disadvantage later on in the year because I don't play goalie all the time.

The position presets are the only useful addition IMO.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #23
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillHammer
I'm not liking the changes to OTP at all. I am very skeptical about the part where they said "This new Club Scouting screen will not cause any more pauses than a normal user would make."

I feel pausing needs to be removed from the mode completely. Let people check stats between periods and after the game. Not in the middle of the period.

The separate legend cards for goalies is also not cool. I like to play goalie once in a while, but now I'm going to be at a significant stat disadvantage later on in the year because I don't play goalie all the time.

The position presets are the only useful addition IMO.
I agree, I'm not an exclusive skater or goalie... good luck getting a legend goalie card when you're a casual goalie. EA should be pushing human goaltending, instead they seem to be dissuading people from using it.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoguitar
I agree, I'm not an exclusive skater or goalie... good luck getting a legend goalie card when you're a casual goalie. EA should be pushing human goaltending, instead they seem to be dissuading people from using it.
Yeap another reason to believe human goalie controls will be an absolute train wreck, especially considering it now has "live goalies".

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »