Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

I really don't understand what they see in Cribbs to warrant him a rating of 79 at WR. I'm expecting him to be lowered after a few games. Hoping someone can step up at WR, it's looking awfully weak right now. Overall don't have a problem with how the browns are rated, pretty much what I expected.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
I really don't understand what they see in Cribbs to warrant him a rating of 79 at WR. I'm expecting him to be lowered after a few games. Hoping someone can step up at WR, it's looking awfully weak right now. Overall don't have a problem with how the browns are rated, pretty much what I expected.

a 60 at best at WR...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

Ike Taylor 95 spd ????
Josh Cribbs 69 catching WTH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
@simstyle - yeah, now that I look at the other teams ratings, Hillis being 87 isn't too bad. Mendenhall is a 90spd, and I'm sure he is faster than Hillis.

I do tend to look at things with Orange Tinted glasses when talking about my Browns. But, I do think that they have some promising young players, like McCoy, Haden, Ward, which is why I think the McCoy rating might be higher than some were anticipating.
no harm in to bro, we ALL do it. when me and my friends starting doing ratings it took a long time to be objective. and while i wouldn't rate Hillis an 87 (one solid year and we rate consistency pretty high) i'd probably rate Cribbs a 62 at max. he's never had more than 23 catches in a year and i think devin hester proved that great athlete doesnt = great receiver.

keep in mind that we rate first year 1,000 yard receivers in the 76 range. so even a player like jeremy maclin (still hasnt broke 1,000 yet) is like a 75.

props for repping your Browns tho. a part of me cant wait until my Pats aren't elite anymore so i can go back to the days of people underestimating us and thinking we're easy wins online. i loved that.

carnalnirvana you're basically on the same page with us ratings wise, you ever thought about rating players?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMstyle
u took the words right out of my mouth, bro. cgalligan i love that you have pride in your team but u gotta take the browns sunglasses off buddy. fans often see promise in players that are below average, there's no shame in it.

the problem is, his numbers look horrible any way you slice it. the production is below average and so his rating should be too. again, when you rate below average players in the high 70s (our scale rates them 60-69) you allow for way too many players "actually being productive" to be rated in the 90s. I understand wanting your team to perform well, and don't think i'm just coming down on the browns, i'm saying the ratings need to come down as a whole so that average starters rate from 70-79 and so people wont have to be 90 spd to outrun a DT.

mccoy threw for 6tds and 9 ints on a 5-11 team. not even his mother would try to act like thats anything but subpar. he showed flashes? cool...but come on bro.
I think sometimes people look too much into statistics like the that. If you look at the new Total Quarterback Rating from ESPN they rank Colt's season last year higher than Jay Cutler and in the top 20 QBs.

In know way am I saying I am a believer in Colt McCoy, but I think it is important to remember what these guys were rated last year. Colt was updated to like a 76 by the end of the year so him being a 77 isn't that shocking to me. Haden and Ward ended the season at 84 and 85 respectively I believe and this year they are 85's and 86's.

Honestly the only rating I'm thinking is off is Hillis. He was like an 87-88 at the end of last year and is now a 91 because he is on the cover? I hope he performs like a 91 this year.

Actually, I wish they had Owen Marecic a little higher, he's looked pretty good in camp

EDIT: By the way when I explain the 77 rating for McCoy, I'm not arguing that he should be a 77 out of 100 in a real life scale, just why he is comparatively in the Madden rating system
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't know how Cribbs ended up with a 79 overall, but more importantly, look at his WR attributes. He's horrible.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Eg0
Ike Taylor 95 spd ????
Josh Cribbs 69 catching WTH

Ike's pretty fast.....

Love the steelers front 7:

Two 90+ defensive ends and then the line backers look like this: 98-90-91-93

Truthfully though Farrior may be a few points high.

Our o-line is sooo bad though 73-75-88-74-82
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sorry Ratings Czar but I will never understand how you continually rate Roethlishotdogs throw power as less than Manning and Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »