Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #17
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360)

Absolutely pathetic half time show! Couldn't even put in some stats? Unexceptable
Old 08-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #18
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a few randon thoughts from all pro difficulty... I was playing as the bears. 1st half was on normal speed, second on slow.

1. For me, slow speed was much better... a lot less glitchy, quick, sliding type movements. On the normal setting, it seemed like guys would accelerate unnaturally at times and the qb seemed like he had jet skates on.

2. Way too easy to get pressure. Bears had around 10 sacks, though I will say I sacked a lot more on normal speed than slow.

3. I don't know if it is just me, but neither team could get the run game going. The only one who had a decent rush was Rodgers rushed for about 10 yards. He plays like he is denard robinson on the demo.

4. Impressed with the presentation. Everything looks good. Like seeing Urlacker come out with the flag.

5. I don't think the deep zones are as broken as NCAA. The inside man was covered more times than not on 4 verts.

6. Although, there still could be an issue. GB managed to hit a bomb down field and there was literally no one near the WR. Could have just been a bad play call. I too had a 48 yard bomb down field to Hester where there was no one even near him. Again, could be a deep ball issue or just bad play calling. I was using the gameplan and not really paying attention.

7. Replays are way too short.

8. Field and Jerseys look great, though they did in NCAA before the patch as well.

9. I didn't have any success on the play action, but I can't say I set it up because I couldn't run the ball,

10. Over all, I like the game. I think it needs a good set of sliders and some tuning.

11. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't like the streamlined pre snap controls. Like I could not hit x and then a direction for a formation audible. I had to hit X and then use the d pad to scroll down the list to select the audible.

12. I didn't play enough, but from what I did, Super LB are not as bad as in NCAA.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #19
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

Injuries look really cool with full replay and cutscene of getting carted off the field
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #20
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

It seems that the quick passes to the flats and screen passes are better defended now, however the WR across the middle is still pretty much money every time. Sliders will need to be tested as always in the final build to correct this problem.

I've now played two games and over all, I am not impressed. I'll play a lot more today after work, so far, EA still hasn't stopped me from missing 2k football.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I won a game on a blocked FG, first time i've seen players actually come off the edge in a 3pt stance to block one since Madden 04. Looking at the replay it was actually blocked twice from both sides, Graham morphs through the holder to block it first then Bowman blocks it again from the other side of the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just had one quick game and first impressions are good for me. I agree with all the little niggles that others have pointed out such as replays and fast QBs etc but hopefully these things will be fixed for the full game.

What I'm most pleased about is that it definitely feels different. This is just after one game so maybe I could be worng but I got the impression that there won't be so much offense this year. Also, on All-Pro, the CPU had good time of posession. again, it was my first go so as I get better I'm sure some of these things will change and it might get easy again but so far, so good other than the small issues that have been mentioned by others.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

+ Dynamic lighting as the game progresses. Awesome!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #24
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

the atmosphere when chicago score is INCREDIBLE! i love it! the thing i'd like to see so far is a bit more emotion when the away team scores. obviously not from the crowd, but so far, both times i've scored rodgers has just jogged straight back to the sideline after throwing a td.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
you're forgetting he was up against a professional NFL lineman. matthews is good but he's not superman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »