Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Ryans does need to be a little faster, maybe an 80.

I'm not sure why Andre dropped in his rating either.
Mario should be listed as an end regardless of scheme.
Schaub needs better deep throwing, afterall rookie Cam Mewton is 85. No way that rook throws better than Schaub out the gate.

There's nothing wrong with Mario being listen as a LB, he's gonna be playing LB.

Schaub is not a great deep ball thrower, he has a noodle for an arm. Go watch Andre's highlight real and watch how many times he literally has to stop running and wait for the ball to come down.

Most of the inaccurate ratings I see are middle of the pack players that maybe not everyone knows about. It's like Donnie just takes a guess and goes with it on players he doesn't know about.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcrg0
Schaub does underthrow some deep passes so I don't have as big a problem with that. Although Cam shouldn't be an 85 anything except speed. Yeah Andre was amazing last year. He should probably be faster as well, not too far off though.
Yeah Andre speed is underrated. He should be a at least a 97. Afterall he did run a 4.35 at the combine. Sure its been some years btu he is a wr NOT a running back. Jamaal Charles ran a 4.4 but gets a 98 rating in speed. Where is the logic in that? At least make the speeds match like they should. Some guys get rated too fast and some too slow. Ben Tate should be a little faster too. his speed should be about 90.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrouble
There's nothing wrong with Mario being listen as a LB, he's gonna be playing LB.

Schaub is not a great deep ball thrower, he has a noodle for an arm. Go watch Andre's highlight real and watch how many times he literally has to stop running and wait for the ball to come down.

Most of the inaccurate ratings I see are middle of the pack players that maybe not everyone knows about. It's like Donnie just takes a guess and goes with it on players he doesn't know about.
Noodle arm huh, Um okay..... There IS something wrong with a 290 pound All pro defensive end suddenly morphing into a linebacker. He will be playing Pass rusher you can label that whatever you want but his rating should stay over 95 overall regardless of where Wade decides to put him. He is NOT Demarcus Ware. I wonder how long this Wade experiment lasts anyways....
Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays20593
Problems I have with the Colts ratings, and I'm doing my best not to be a homer here.

-Collie Should be better than Garcon
-Brown though he hasn't been great, should be a 75
-I'd say Saturday is a bit over rated, put him around a 90? He's getting older.
-Castonzo should be a 79, I know he's a rook but I think a 79 would be fair.
-Where is Ijalana?
-Angerer and Connor are under rated, badly
-McAfee is under rated, should at least be an 80, his kick power in camp has been unreal.
-Muir is rated higher than Antonio Johnson
-Powers should be an 85
-Francisco (though he is no longer here) being within 3 points of Bullitt is a joke. I'd say bump Melvin up to a 81.

Anybody agree with me?
Considering all but one of your comments were a bumb up in OVR, i'd say you didn't suppress the homer-ism enough lol.

The thing I don't get is how Dallas Clark (96 OVR) and Antonio Gates (99 OVR) are rated so high and TE's like Heath Miller (85 OVR) and Owen Daniels (86 OVR) or so far behind.
Miller is easily in the top 3 blocking TE's in the NFL and has great hands. He will never put up the stats of Clark and Gates due to the system run in Pittsburgh, but come on.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Noodle arm huh, Um okay..... There IS something wrong with a 290 pound All pro defensive end suddenly morphing into a linebacker. He will be playing Pass rusher you can label that whatever you want but his rating should stay over 95 overall regardless of where Wade decides to put him. He is NOT Demarcus Ware. I wonder how long this Wade experiment lasts anyways....
Yes, noodle arm. Does not possess the arm strength to be a great deep ball thrower.

He's not morphing into anything, Mario already had experience pass rushing standing up and as we sit here he is polishing his technique. There's no reason to have him listed as a DE, he's not DeMarcus Ware but he will be playing his position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #22
Rookie

arian, andre, and jacoby should all be faster
kevin walter should at least be around a 83
chris myers should be in 80's
whether or not mario is categorized as lb or de he should still be around a 95 ovr
demico ryans should be faster
everything else looks fine im eager to see how this defense progresses throughout the season being coached by wade phillips
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Overall ratings don't mean anything so telling them to raise OVR doesnt help. You have been able to put crappy OLBs at DE and have them turn into 95 OVRs for years now(still doesn't mean they'll be successful btw). Mario is lower at LB because he can't cover, which is correct. He is still one of the best pass rushers in the game whether you put him at DE or at 2nd string punter.

And the D will be amazing with Wade. "omg we need to raise all Texans OVR by 10 next roster update" -EA after the week 1 beatdown of the colts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »