Home

Landon Donovan, Rafael Márquez and Wayne Rooney on FIFA 12 North American Cover

This is a discussion on Landon Donovan, Rafael Márquez and Wayne Rooney on FIFA 12 North American Cover within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Landon Donovan, Rafael Márquez and Wayne Rooney on FIFA 12 North American Cover

U.S. and Mexican National Team Superstars and Rivals Unite for EA Sports FIFA Soccer 12

LA Galaxy Midfielder Landon Donovan, New York Red Bulls Defender Rafael Márquez and Manchester United Striker Wayne Rooney Cover FIFA Soccer 12

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that national team superstars and rivals Landon Donovan and Rafael Márquez will be united on the front cover of EA SPORTSTM FIFA Soccer 12 in North America when the videogame is available at retail September 27. Donovan and Márquez will be joined by Manchester United and England international striker Wayne Rooney, who is appearing on the cover in North America for the first time.

Longtime rivals on their respective national sides through three FIFA World Cup tournaments beginning in 2002, Donovan and Márquez are also stars of their Major League Soccer teams, the LA Galaxy and New York Red Bulls. Both players were chosen to the 2011 MLS All-Star team.

“Landon and Rafa have been the heart and soul of their national teams, and we have long admired their passion, dedication and exceptional performances,” said Matt Bilbey, Vice President and General Manager of Soccer, EA SPORTS. “They are two of the most respected and recognizable players in North America, and they will play an integral role in helping us launch FIFA Soccer 12 to soccer fans across the continent. With the addition of Wayne Rooney on the cover, it is truly a blockbuster lineup.”

Donovan, who is currently tied for the lead in MLS goal-scoring with 11 goals, will appear on the cover of FIFA Soccer 12, the No. 1 sports franchise on the planet*, wearing his Galaxy kit while Márquez, a designated player for the Red Bulls, is featured in the home Mexican national team kit. Rooney appears in the Manchester United home red kit.

Winner of 20 “Best Sports Game of E3” awards, including the prestigious 2011 E3 Game Critics award, FIFA Soccer 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Revolutionary gameplay innovations inspired by the real-world game make FIFA Soccer 12 deeper and more engaging. All-new Precision Dribbling creates a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for better control in tight spaces, more time to make decisions on attack, and more control over the pace of the game. Innovations in attack are balanced by a re-designed defending mechanism called Tactical Defending, which fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling. Plus, players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, the next generation of player intelligence and performance. FIFA Soccer 12 also introduces EA SPORTS Football Club—the heartbeat of FIFA Soccer 12. This live service is available at no additional cost and connects players to the real-world game with fresh, new content all the time, enabling them to support their favorite club and connect and compete with their friends, and millions of players around the world.

For the latest news on FIFA Soccer 12 join more than six million fans in the EA SPORTS FIFA community at http://www.facebook.com/easportsfifa or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/easportsfifa.

FIFA Soccer 12 will be localized into 18 languages and available in 51 countries. It will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PC, Wii™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS™, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, iPhone®, iPad™, and iPod® touch.

Platform: Wii
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Probably Chicharito
Old 08-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Landon Donovan, Wayne Rooney on FIFA 12 North American Cover, One More Name Tomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Probably Chicharito
I'd bank on it being Giovani Dos Santos, I don't think they will put 2 Man U players on the same cover

Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Landon Donovan, Wayne Rooney on FIFA 12 North American Cover, One More Name Tomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I'd bank on it being Giovani Dos Santos, I don't think they will put 2 Man U players on the same cover
That's a safe bet.

I wonder if the mystery person will be screaming like Rooney is in the pic? I say it will be someone who is slightly smirking.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-10-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

OVR: 3
Christiano Ronaldo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Why 3 people? And why Donovan? Clint should have gotten the cover over that dud.

This is the NA cover so it should feature Chicharito as the third player as stated above. I say they just have him in his Mexican National Team kit for the cover.

If not him then I have no clue.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18
I'm going to go with Dos Santos too. I think having two Man U players would be too much.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18
Scratch that. Look at the shadow, it probably is Chicharito.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »