Home

NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

WAYNE GRETZKY, RAY BOURQUE AND CHRIS CHELIOS
SKATE INTO EA SPORTS NHL 12

NINE PAST NHL GREATS TO BE FEATURED AS LEGENDS

Electronic Arts (ERTS) announced today that it will bring nine of the greatest players in NHL history to EA SPORTS™ NHL®12. The nine NHL greats will be integrated into the game across virtually every mode, including the all-new Be A Legend Mode, adding a new and exciting dimension to the EA SPORTS NHL series. In Be A Legend, gamers will experience the glory of playing their entire Be A Pro career as one of the nine legends as they attempt to shatter the most impressive records in hockey, achieve legendary milestones and complete legends tasks.

In addition, gamers will have the ability to add legends to any team roster in Be a GM mode, or collect ultra-rare legends cards and use them within their Hockey Ultimate Team experience. In Be a Pro mode, gamers can strive to ‘Be the Next Great Legend’ as they attempt to reach legendary milestones and complete legends tasks throughout their Be A Pro character’s career. Finally, gamers can square off against the all-new Legends team, which is comprised of the nine Legends and current NHL greats, in head-to-head play – within Play Now, Online and Battle for the Cup modes – in an attempt to answer the age-old question of how players in today’s era of hockey compare to the game’s all-time greats.

Wayne Gretzky, Ray Bourque and recent U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame inductee and perennial all-star, Chris Chelios, will all be featured as Legends in NHL® 12, along with six additional former NHL greats who will be announced over the course of the next week. For the latest information on NHL 12, become a fan of http://www.facebook.com/easportsnhl or follow http://www.twitter.com/easportsnhl.

The NHL 12 Demo will be available for download worldwide starting August 23 on Xbox LIVE and the Playstation Network. NHL 12 hits retailers on September 9 in Europe and September 13 in North America.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just saw the new Legends trailer

Yeah... still cool though. I'll take it as a moderate announcement, nothing more.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer, First 3 Legends Revealed

If there's no Orr I will be VERY VERY dissapointed
Old 08-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Pro

I still want to know what this end game is for this legends stuff. How is it changing the way we play NHL, other than plugging in retired legends into my offline modes....which I certainly don't want.

It's bad enough this announcement disappointing me, but I'm now expecting it to negatively impact my experience offline.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Yeah, not the biggest thing in the world. But I am looking forward to using them in HUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

Kind of makes me want to play HUT just to unlock the legends and play with them. But for a sim-only person like myself, why in the world would you want Gretzky or any other legend on your team if you're playing Be a GM? Still trying to figure out how this will change all game modes.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Wonder why we can't get a confirmation on whether this is the "Big Announcement" or not ? I sure hope its NOT, cause I'm not seeing how this changes the way I play the game and all its modes. I could think of 100 other things I would have considered BIG and this isn't one of them. Where is the community/Dev interaction when you really need it ?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

We'll have to see what "Legends Mode" actually entails. I'm hoping that it's similar to NBA 2K11's Jordan Challenge.

Adding Legends to any current team isn't a horrible idea. I'm not saying I would use it right away, but in a Fantasy Draft situation, it would be nice to have some old-school legends to choose from.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »