Home

Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Too bad I'm not a NHL fan....I'd probably like to play this....BUT I wouldn't buy it....not saying it's not worth buying.....Just too close to Gears and 2k....wouldn't have time to play it....
I can understand that. You ought to pick up NHL 09 or 10. There is a reason a ton of hon NHL fans still love video game hockey. And you could get a nice glimpse into what the hubub is all about.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Hut on the other hand? bleh so sick of these online modes.
I can see that, but what makes HUT appealing to me is not the online portion at all. I mostly played it offline last year, and it really is a fun way to play the game outside of the more normal modes. And this year you can play a friend, so that will be the only online play with HUT.

I think of it as a really fun strategy game. I feel more attached to my HUT team than I ever did to my Be A Pro guy. The Madden devs wish they could assemble an UT mode as good as the NHL guys have created.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10
What they need is to allow us to play through the WHOLE game. Seriously, they have the settings set to have the game clock run through in 5 minutes if there aren't any stops.... I don't understand why we can't play a full game, but I guess anything is better than nothing.

I just wish the release date for the demo WASN'T a day after I start college courses....
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Looking forward to the demo.

Yep, it'd be great to be able to play all three periods of a shorten game. But, oh well...just happy to be able to get a feel of the coming game. Every year my son and I play that 3rd period of the demo, over and over, and over, etc...
Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I can't wait for the demo I hope it is off the hook like the real game will be awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Every year I download this demo and get completely underwhelmed. But I enjoy the retail version.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #23
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Every year I download this demo and get completely underwhelmed. But I enjoy the retail version.
Yeah, it depends what modes they put in the demo. I'm hoping they put the new Be A Pro features in the demo so I can get a feel for that type of game play. The HUT was a good feature last year, but the demo was boring.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #24
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I really, really, really, really hope they didn't overdo the helmets popping off and glass shattering. I don't want this to feel like NHL Hitz

I don't even think it should be in the game. What does glass shattering add to this game?

I mean, how often does it happen in real life? Once, maybe twice a season??? So once or twice in like 150,000 minutes of hockey some glass shatters. Doesn't seem like something that's a very vital thing to add. I hope they didn't spend much time doing it. And hopefully we don't see it every 3rd or 4th game...

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »