Home

NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer, First 3 Legends Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
This is pretty much my thinking too.

I guess I would be tempted though, to put Gretzky back with the Oil, just to see what happens.
The only way I'd put Gretzky (or any of the legends) into my Be a GM is if their ratings reflected their play AT THIS POINT in their lives. For example, if Gretzky came back as a 50 year old to play a season in the NHL, his ratings should reflect a 50 year old Gretzky rather than having something like a 110 OVR like he would have during his playing career.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermakernet08
The only way I'd put Gretzky (or any of the legends) into my Be a GM is if their ratings reflected their play AT THIS POINT in their lives. For example, if Gretzky came back as a 50 year old to play a season in the NHL, his ratings should reflect a 50 year old Gretzky rather than having something like a 110 OVR like he would have during his playing career.
He'd probably still find a way to get 100 points.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More So

God this sucks. As much as I love using legends players and teams (I love using old players. Pre lockout hockey is no question the best), I don't want to use them in my Be A GM or Be A Pro. The only time I would use them is in play now, but I never play that. I know others play HUT but I don't. It got really boring after a couple weeks. Why can't they spend this time on making Be A GM more realistic and fun. I just don't get it. This is not something that needed to be done at this point in time. Leave that for the Wii. NBA 2k was able to do their legends mode because they already have the gameplay and franchise at a sim level. NHL is not on that level yet. This game is going to be a major let down if the gameplay has not been been tuned to be more sim. For the first time I am really concerned about buying a hockey game. I never thought I would ever say that being hockey is undoubtedly my favorite sport. Guess I'll have to wait for the demo to come out to see how this game will play gameplay wise.

On a side note the faces on Gretz, Cheli, and Raymond look amazing.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 08-12-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #20
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
This is pretty much my thinking too.

I guess I would be tempted though, to put Gretzky back with the Oil, just to see what happens.
I`m very disappointed.

From what I hear,Legends was the big announcement.

On another issue,...trying to pick you position for an OTP game is still a mad dash for whatever position you`ll want to pick,especially for goalies,.....so the player build slots accomplish nothing really.

How much improvement could have been done with the whole game`s presentation,..or actual, in game,game play improvement, with the development time spent (wasted,IMO) on stuff like this?

Tuning the game,doing the usual to get some decent game play from the sliders,...will reveal just how much effort was put into the game play.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More So

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

On a side note the faces on Gretz, Cheli, and Raymond look amazing.
It`s nice they spent time on them,......did they do any more current players,and make all of them better,.....is the bald issue fixed?

Or did their efforts get directed at making 9 or 10 legend faces?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
kudos, looks like EA got the faces correct.. woo city!!
Agreed. Very nicely done.

Can you imagine how great it'd be if they also nailed the look of their individual skating styles. Such as Gretzky's hunched over way of skating, as an example.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
The players look great, but unless EA NHL can give me (for example) all 26 teams/uniforms/names from the 95-96 season, using retro players feels flat to me. Except for in HUT, it makes sense there.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

No Tracy Morgan? In his day, he was fast, agile and accurate. Plus he completed the skills competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »