Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

Judging by these, I would've thought the Lions finished 2-14 last season

Oh well, I like a challenge
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Ya the Lions seem to be getting shafted a bit. Stafford is injury prone so far but his accuracy is way better than they give him. Expecially mid and short passes. His first year in the league he was a bit inaccurate as a lot of rookie QBs are but all last preseason and the first 2 games he played in he was very accurate. First preseason game again this year very accurate. Missed 1 pass on his 2 drives in first game.

With his injury down to 65 we can expect to never finish a game online with him anyway. Might as well play with Hill all the time to get used to him....
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

Suh underrated fo sho! If I'm not mistaken he was a 90 something with the last update in '11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

ya he was a 90 in the last few roster updates.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2

Im surprised Titus Youngs speed is only an 88 thought he woudlve at least had a 93 or so speed considering all the Desean Jackson comparisons
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
Im surprised Titus Youngs speed is only an 88 thought he woudlve at least had a 93 or so speed considering all the Desean Jackson comparisons
Yeah I'm not a Lions fans (Panthers), but I too was taken back by his 88 speed. I hope this doesn't trend and effect our WR Pilares out of Hawaii. Then again he had a 35 yard TD where he torched the Giants defense off a bubble screen.

Perhaps Donny Moore catches the highlight and bumps him up seeing as how that appears to be how he justifies ratings from time to time.

Also Fariley with higher PMV than Suh makes ABSOLUTELY no sense...I'm going to go out on a limb and say in three seasons we will have forgotten Nick Fairleys name until we see him in the FA pool in Madden 2015. Don't mean to come off the way this likely sounds but I remember when he was projected as the #1 pick to CAR; and I never just got a good vibe from him.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

Stafford should have the lowest injury rating on the Lions team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Die hard Lions fan and I like it.

This is the out of the box rating and will change. Stafford IS better than an 80, but you can't blame the EA guys for this one. When he only played 10 quarters of football last year its hard to rate a guy. If he stays healthy this year expect him in the 2nd tier of guys behind brady, brees, manning. He will be in with Rivers, Vick, Shaub, Ryan.

Calvin is a monster in Madden (or Techmo as Chris Carter put it) so I don't really care about his overall, he is as good as it gets for WR.

Suh is a 90, and will get a bump with a week or two, but 90 out of the box is still sick.

Pettigrew put up great numbers but if you dig a little deeper you will see hes right about where he should be. He was among the league leaders in drops last year with I think 12 and took a huge amount of penalties. He has the skills if he can harness them to be one of the best.

I agree that Deandre Levy got the shaft. In 11 games last year he had 72 tackles. Average that over the whole season and hes right around the numbers of James Farrior and ahead of Jonathan Vilma. Not to mention 2 INTs and 2 FF and one Def TD.

And lastly the player that gets the biggest shaft. Stephan Logan. I understand the need to not give this guy 97-99 speed cause it will probably make him a cheese player and boost his overall, but he was a Pro Bowl Alternate and absolute beast in the return game. Played WR and HB also last year, and when playing HB ran the ball very effectively.

All in all I think EA did a pretty good job for a rating out of the box. And to the guy complaining about the FA it is pretty clear that these are rosters before Free Agency....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »