Home

WWE '12 Impressions from SummerSlam Community Event

This is a discussion on WWE '12 Impressions from SummerSlam Community Event within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: WWE '12 Impressions from SummerSlam Community Event

I tried to watch Raw yesterday, but I didn't see it on. Usually the Monday show after a main PPV is the best that month.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #10
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Years ago i was a huge wresting fan ( from before the attitude era until the early 2000s) and i was an even bigger wrestling video game fan. I remember my brother and I would sit at a computer together reading every bit of information we could about the new games. I barely watch wrestling now and I haven't bought a wrestling game since Here Comes the Pain but this game makes me wish I was as big of a fan as I once was. My old self would be shaking from anticipation for this game.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
I haven't loved a wrestling game since No Mercy on the N64. Played a few since then but nothing felt like No Mercy felt. How do these newer wrestling games compare?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5
Honestly this reads too much like it came from someone in the THQ marketing department. I'm definitely looking forward to the game but I will still be waiting a few extra weeks after it releases to read impressions. Not getting burned again.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18
Man, I can't wait til this comes out. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but i still play the games and from the sound of this ......I will not be disappointed....Demolition, the Road Warriors...OMG! They need Warlord and Barbarian.....and maybe give us Tully Blanchard to go with Arn Anderson.....
Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
What, no love for Paul Roma?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
best things they've done to this series in a long while. Though I find it funny when they act like stuff is new, when all they did was take HCTP control scheme. For the first time ever you can crawl to the ropes during a submission! nope, that was in HCTP. Opponent will get up groggy into your finisher for the first time! nope, that was in HCTP.

THQ, don't treat us like we are dumb. I think it's great you've ripped HCTP controls. I hated the analog crap, it never felt right in a wrestling game. New engine doesn't look as good graphically, but if that's what was needed to get warping animations and moves out of the game, fine by me. Roster is also impressive. Can't wait to have hollywood rock in a game (first since HCTP). I hope we get mankind and not foley, but either is better than none. Rock N Sock back in action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: WWE '12 Impressions from SummerSlam Community Event

Create-An-Arena is just what the doctor ordered for a dude who runs an online CAW wrestling show. It makes every single event that much more unique and the insane amounts of detail really make the possbilities sky-high...that is, until the novelty wears off (as it tends to do with modes other than CAW proper in recent SVR/WWE titles).

I am still pretty much on the fence with the rest of the game, however. I'm not quite sure how this new gameplay will "feel", honestly. But if the "wrestling flow" is that much better than in years past, I guess that's something to look forward to. I'm going to wait to play the game before I really jump on the bandwagon....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »