Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

Looking at this as a hardcore bears fan makes me happy to see us getting some respect. But it also reminds me just how lucky/well coached we were last year because these ratings are a bit inflated. Chris Harris, Anthony Adamns, Tim Jennings all need a bit of a downgrade. Crhis Williams... 84 HAHAHAHAHA! Major Wright and Melton will definitely need bumps though, they are both gonna be starters and will be much improved after the first update. Thankfully with team editing i will be going through the whole game getting my ratings where i want.

Lastly... with guys like Jake Locker getting 80+ speed, how the heck does Cutler only have 71? His possibly the best pure Athlete at QB outside of Vick, Young, Newton and afew others, and guys like Locker have never been big time run guys as far as i know. Scrambling sure and that deserves no more than a 75 which is where Locker, Rodgers, Cutler and the like belong. But 83... thats outrageous.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

^ Agreed, but Major Wright got his ratings right its just his overall is low.. Hes fast and 95 Hit power great for user control. Hmm Tillman is a little overrated and Chris Harris is too... Julius Peppers 65 blocking shedding...? Chester Taylor a little overrated, The whole line was a joke last year to see anyone over 75 makes me smh.. And I'm a hardcore lifelong Bears fan. Like Caleb Hanie getting some love!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

For the Lions, I think they overrated S Erik Coleman. On the underrated front however, I would say they blew it on Calvin Johnson, Levy, Titus Youngs' speed (much of the reason he was drafted), and willy young.

Also Jeff Backus not being the best blocker on the team if quite funny. He is the pinnacle of consistency over his career and was voted best tackle in the NFC north last year as well.

Aaron Berry I think will get (deserves to get) a massive boost considering he's competed for a starting corner job the last two years. Jim Schwartz seems to think he's a great corner, and his ratings should make him on par with T. Hill/Nate Vasher at least.

Suppose I'll add the Lions to teams I have to manually edit once I have the game.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #20
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
Titus Young only ran a 4.4, id still say 88 is to slow. But he's no DeSean like people compared him too. 93 is probably about right.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

RT Cherilus and Fox should be closer to mid 70s. Cherilus could be slowed down and reduced in both footwork categories. He is a very sloppy player in real life and is starting because he was a 1st rounder. Fox could get a bit of a strength boost along with RBS, PBS, and awareness.

TE Pettigrew could use a strength boost. He is not the greatest blocker but has a lot of raw power.

LB Bobby Carpenter should have his ratings lowered across the board. He played well last year but not that well. His coverage skills are not as good as listed.

Suh is fine where he is rated. He had a beast of a year but it was one year and with his attributes he should skyrocket fast.

SS Amari Spievey should get a small boost to mid 70s. He had a solid rookie year and is having a great camp.

WR Titus Young could use a bit of a speed boost as stated by others.

CB Aaron Berry could use an overall boost but an injury rating in the 50s or 60s. He has looked very good but can't stay healthy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Rookie

the_EDJ's Arena

OVR: 3
@xpmar9x Larry Fitzgerald also ran a 4.4 out of college and was listed as an 89 Spd.

To anyone arguing stats for ratings, it's player skill, not output that goes furthest into determining a player's ratings. Output will sway it one way or another, but think of their base skills and then if they overachieve, they're boosted a bit, or lowered if they underachieve.

As a Bears fan, I pretty stoked with this roster. It's wayyyy more accurate than my Huskers in NCAA

Three starting WR's are 79 Ovr for Chicago, Williams with 90 Speed, Knox with 97 Speed, and Hester with 98 Speed.

Dline looks solid! Peppers can beast in the game this year, Izzy gets respect with a decent 82 rating. Then the rookie Paea has 98 strength to help plug the middle with Adams and Toeaina. Then you have Gholston coming in to pair with Wootton as a backup. And Okoye makes me forget who Tommie Harris is.

Secondary looked overrated in my opinion, but I'm ok with that. Major Wright though was vastly underrated. I wonder how Conte is getting a higher rating than our starter.

It's sad how accurate the Oline is. Not a single player over 80 Ovr. :'(
Old 08-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Jahvid Best is an 80 OVR??? LMAO

Also, any Rams fans here? You also dying of laughter and crying at the same time seeing Tye Hill get 76 Man Coverage rating? hahaha
Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
I honestly can't get over how abysmal these ratings are. As you can see there are a fair few fans who know about their teams and don't demand 99's for their favourites and can easily rate players better than Moore, who is constantly whiffing on ratings.

Hopefully Young makes a 95 yard TD in pre season so he can get a roster boost.

It's gutting that ratings can't be edited for online franchise... Leagues are gonna be stacked after 2 seasons now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »